Post by webiscore » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 am

I'm developing a website for a client using Opencart. His account/domain and my account/domain are both hosted on the same server and IP address.

I don't wanna share the code however I wanna map hisdomain.com to subdomain.mydomain.com while he keeps accessing his on cPanel to create email and install the SSL.

Also in the source code of the website I don't wanna show the subdomain as the main link but the domain itself.

While anyone that tries to access subdomain.mydomain.com it will show hisdomain.com

The option is easy to be achieved via Wordpress however any other frameworks like Opencart, Laravel, CodeIgniter, etc. I couldn't find any way to achieve that.

I entered a CNAME record pointing subdomain.mydomain.com to hisdomain.com

Then I removed www A records from DNS at hisdomain.com and changed it to CNAME pointing hisdomain.com to subdomain.mydomain.com

However this didn't help. I googled and searched a lot couldn't find the suitable answer for that. Any suggestion please!

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 pm

this is a webserver virtual hosts issues, not an OC issue, get guidance from your host.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by webiscore » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Hello,

Please can you elaborate how to do it if I have access to the virtual host how to do it?