Post by octavianvarzaru » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi,

I need some help from you making the email field not mandatory, at least in backend. I am selling also on a marketplace and I don't have access to the customer email.

I also tried to use a dummy mail address or my office email addres but that is only possible for one customer, cannot create a second customer with the same mail address.

Hope someone could help me.

Post by nightwing » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 am

octavianvarzaru, if this is done, how will customer log in?
octavianvarzaru wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:33 pm
Hi,

I need some help from you making the email field not mandatory, at least in backend. I am selling also on a marketplace and I don't have access to the customer email.

I also tried to use a dummy mail address or my office email addres but that is only possible for one customer, cannot create a second customer with the same mail address.

Hope someone could help me.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing

Post by octavianvarzaru » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:26 pm

It will not affect the customer login. I am talking about the email field that is mandatory when I am adding new customer in backend.

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:01 pm

The email address is their user id so your statement is nonsense.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by octavianvarzaru » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Yes, I know what you are saying but these customers that I am adding in the backend with a fake email will never access this user account that I am creating.

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 pm

so you are using this as a stock system for customers that buy personally from the shop itself, something like that?
Why not consider using order number as the difference - that way your system can stay ‘traceable’.
order1234@yourstore.com

or something that could not be a real email (you would not want it sent to someone real)
johndoe@jd.jd - if you know the name of the customer

I ditto above, it is not great to remove the field as mandatory .. but work around it.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by nightwing » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:12 am

Good idea, I agree!
by mona wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:12 pm
so you are using this as a stock system for customers that buy personally from the shop itself, something like that?
Why not consider using order number as the difference - that way your system can stay ‘traceable’.
order1234@yourstore.com

or something that could not be a real email (you would not want it sent to someone real)
johndoe@jd.jd - if you know the name of the customer

I ditto above, it is not great to remove the field as mandatory .. but work around it.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am

Just be prepared for some bouncing email messages.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan