Post by iplocker » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 pm

Hi.
I ve just finishing the upgrade from 2.3.0.2 to 3.0.3.3 and I see now version 3.0.3.6 !!!!! :choke:
Please dont tell me again I have to make a new fresh installation and migrate everything again !!!!
Lets assume that is Christmas and Opencart has made easily the upgrade procedure like others carts out there !

Also I see none announcement about the new version and of course none logs about it !!
I am wondering when Opencart grow up to have those basic elements available for ppls !

Thanks

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 am

just because there is a new version does not mean you have to upgrade to the newest one ..
some people are quite happy with their set up on OC1 :) - one person in particular !!!

personally I like OC3 because I really like twig .. but I know many people do not want to change from OC2.3.0.2 and I understand why ..

If it is not broken don’t fix it .. and if its free don’t complain ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos

Post by johnp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:29 am

by mona wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 am
just because there is a new version does not mean you have to upgrade to the newest one ..
some people are quite happy with their set up on OC1 :) - one person in particular !!!
1.5. My ears have pricked up. :)

I love it, Ernie loves it and many of my clients love it. I'm sure in time it'll become a classic like an E-Type Jag. Lol.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by iplocker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:38 am

@by mona Your post should be deleted as its not relative , I didnt ask you if I want to upgrade or not ! If you want to increase the posts to get backlinks with your signature with post stupid replies then just stop !

The post remains with
1. If there is upgrade procedure from 3.0.3.3 to 3.0.3.6
2. Where is the change logs for those versions

Please only relative replies.
Thanks

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:00 am

Ahh no manners .. my favourite ..
Please dont tell me again I have to make a new fresh installation and migrate everything again !!!!
You may like to be a little clearer in your posts .. or not as you choose ..

you have a nice day and do not presume to know anything about me ..

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:29 am

Release notes are here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history

Not sure about the upgrade process though

Take a close look at our domain pricing. It's cheaper than most of the 'big name' registrars.
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by by mona » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:39 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:29 am
Release notes are here: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history

Not sure about the upgrade process though
The change log is usually in the download package itself
There is also an upgrade file (with video link) in the package itself - although it has not been updated since OC1 .. and I have never followed it so I would not vouch for its success ..

DISCLAIMER: