Post by Monarchy Catering » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 pm

OC: 3.0.3.3

I require users to pre-order chocolates that aren't manufactred till mid-September. I get past the "*** available" etc, as product states, "Availability: Pre-Order". When I go to Checkout screen (route=checkout/cart) and click the "Checkout" button (route=checkout/checkout), just takes me back to the Checkout Screen (route=checkout/cart).
I've added an attachment of the current Checkout & Stock options. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

Checkout-Stock-Options.jpeg

Checkout & Stock options screenshot. - Checkout-Stock-Options.jpeg (105.3 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Post by grgr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:33 pm

That looks correct.

What happens is this:
If no products in cart and no voucher OR no stock and stock checkout is no -> fail and go to the shopping cart page
else
got to checkout page.

You have products and stock checkout is yes so should go to the checkout.

Do you have an extensions that might be doing something....?

And remember, if you set stock checkout to yes but sell other products that can not be backordered then you have a problem. Though I have a solution for that, or will have once the update is released.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by Monarchy Catering » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:22 pm

@grgr

currently only one of our Products can be pre-Order'ed, but good to know issues may happen.

Have added the Modifications & Extension Installers screenshots. Would a multi-lingual shop cause an issue with any part of the libraries or the PayPal Extension?

Thanks again.
grgr wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:33 pm
That looks correct.

What happens is this:
If no products in cart and no voucher OR no stock and stock checkout is no -> fail and go to the shopping cart page
else
got to checkout page.

You have products and stock checkout is yes so should go to the checkout.

Do you have an extensions that might be doing something....?

And remember, if you set stock checkout to yes but sell other products that can not be backordered then you have a problem. Though I have a solution for that, or will have once the update is released.

Attachments

Extension-Installer.jpg

Extension Install screenshot - Extension-Installer.jpg (109.86 KiB) Viewed 311 times

Modifications.jpg

Modifications screenshot - Modifications.jpg (96.36 KiB) Viewed 311 times

Post by grgr » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:44 pm

The modifications wouldn't cause a problem.

Seems unlikely, bit it is possible that the the paypal extensoin has caused a problem though.

Location - UK

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:56 pm

what does this mean?
I get past the "*** available" etc, as product states, "Availability: Pre-Order".

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Monarchy Catering » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:33 pm

@letxobnav
"Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!"
When 'Stock Checkout' set to 'No' :)
letxobnav wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:56 pm
what does this mean?
I get past the "*** available" etc, as product states, "Availability: Pre-Order".

Post by Monarchy Catering » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:35 pm

@grgr

I've had a few problems with the PyaPal extension, mainly down to a multi-lingual site. Should I raise my concern with the Extension provider?

Thanks.
grgr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:44 pm
The modifications wouldn't cause a problem.

Seems unlikely, bit it is possible that the the paypal extensoin has caused a problem though.

Post by grgr » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm

Seems like a perfectly good place to start.

Otherwise you will need to debug it to see what is happening. If you can't do that your self then you'll need to find some one that can - I would suggest the commercial support section of the forum.

Location - UK

Post by Monarchy Catering » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:37 pm

I've experienced trying to debug operations in OC and it's just a shame I have more to do :(

30 years of software development from C++ to web development holds me in good stead to find the problem, just that time doesnt.

I'm still unsure how you can upgrade to a later version of OC with all the personal additions and changes to the source files. Then told that OCMOD wont add all the changes to the files, as some aspects will fail.

Thanks again for your time.
grgr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm
Seems like a perfectly good place to start.

Otherwise you will need to debug it to see what is happening. If you can't do that your self then you'll need to find some one that can - I would suggest the commercial support section of the forum.