Post by doeme » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi all

I get this error after upgrading my test-system from 3.0.3.2 to 3.0.3.6 when trying to open the /admin site
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler' not found in /home/debuhape/www/shop/admin/controller/startup/sass.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home/debuhape/www/shop_storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerStartupSass->index() #1 /home/debuhape/www/shop/system/engine/router.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry)) #2 /home/debuhape/www/shop/system/engine/router.php(46): Router->execute(Object(Action)) #3 /home/debuhape/www/shop/system/framework.php(165): Router->dispatch(Object(Action), Object(Action)) #4 /home/debuhape/www/shop/system/startup.php(104): require_once('/home/debuhape/...') #5 /home/debuhape/www/shop/admin/index.php(24): start('admin') #6 {main} thrown in /home/debuhape/www/shop/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 14
I don't need any comments like "you should have known that updating is bad at all bla bla bla". Any ideas? Thanks

Dominik

Post by sw!tch » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler' not found in 
My guess is your storage folder wasn't copied correctly or your storage path is incorrect or you failed to remove the old storage folder before upgrading..

Also having shop_storage folder in the public webspace defeats the whole purpose of moving it. You should have your storage folder in the home directory outside the public webspace.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by Elevate » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:51 am

did you try clearing the contents in storage/modifications?

ELEV8TE Website Development
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by doeme » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:07 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 pm
My guess is your storage folder wasn't copied correctly or your storage path is incorrect or you failed to remove the old storage folder before upgrading..
Thank you, that was the reason. I've cleared the storage-folder and moved the content from system/storage to my storage-folder after that. Now it works :)

Post by noit01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Also having shop_storage folder in the public webspace defeats the whole purpose of moving it. You should have your storage folder in the home directory outside the public webspace.
Forgive my noob question, but why is this important? I just relocated to a new hosting provider, it does not seem to have a non-public folder available. So I had to put the storage folder in the public webspace.