Post by WickedToneProduction » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Hi, I hope everyone is well.

I have download Xampp version 7.4.8 and Opencart 3.0.3.6 today. I have made all the appropriate initial setup but when I want to access the Opencart to start the configuration, I have an error message like this :

Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/log.php on line 22

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to create the cache directory (/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/cache/template/95). in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php:57 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(409): Twig\Cache\FilesystemCache->write('/Applications/X...', '<?php\n\nuse Twig...') #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(381): Twig\Environment->loadClass('__TwigTemplate_...', 'common/footer.t...', NULL) #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(359): Twig\Environment->loadTemplate('common/footer.t...') #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(318): Twig\Environment->load('common/footer.t...') #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfil in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php on line 57
Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/storage/session//sess_d728b98495e572802df8d20e3b): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 29
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/log.php on line 31
Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 31
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/log.php on line 31
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 33
Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 35
Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 37
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/OpencartStore/system/library/session/file.php on line 39

I have read another similar post with a similar issue saying that I should look for the permission of log.php or cach.php. I would need someone to elaborate on how to check these files out.

I am on MacOs Mojave.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Location - Thailand

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:10 pm

WickedToneProduction wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to create the cache directory
Did you check your directory permissions?

read this too https://stackoverflow.com/questions/904 ... n-mac-os-x

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by WickedToneProduction » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 pm

I did this :
1. Open applications folder
2. Locate XAMPP folder
3. Right-click, get info (as described above)
4. In the pop-up window locate the 'sharing & permission' section
5. Click the 'locked' padlock symbol
6. Enter admin password
7. Change 'Everyone' permissions to read & write
8. In the get info window still, select the 'cog' icon' drop-down option at the very bottom and select 'Apply to enclosed items' this will adjust the permission 9.across all sub-folders as well.
10. Re-lock the padlock symbol
11. Close the 'Get Info' window.

It is now working.

Thank you for the link.

Location - Thailand

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Am glad could help.
Kindly add "Solved" in post subject.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by WickedToneProduction » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Actually it did solve the problem getting in Opencart but since the change, I could not go in Xampp phpMyAdmin. An error message showed up saying that I should not allowed everyone to read and write. Also MySQL in Xampp could not start anymore. So I will have to check this out. Now I have uninstalled Xampp and I will start fresh tomorrow.

Location - Thailand

Post by WickedToneProduction » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:33 pm

So instead of changing the permission at the Xampp folder, I changed it at the Opencart (renamed) folder in htdocs folder and all seems to be working well.

Thank you again.

Location - Thailand