Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:42 pm

It looks like you may have to find a professional developer to look deeper into it. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by matthewbaynham » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 pm

I've just double checked all the values in the oc_seo_url table and ...
  • they are unique
  • every category has a entry for each language
  • every product has a entry for each language
  • every manufacturer has a entry for each language
  • every information page has a entry for each language
Also...
  • I've also made sure that all of the non-ASCII charactors that are in German have been removed
  • double checked that there are no spaces
Still it doesn't work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was trying to think what could be the problem. Opencart will generate the URL and the browser will just return a 404 from that URL. But it does at least generate URL's.

So what part of Opencart will make sure that the browser will find the page after the URL has been created?

And what do I need to check to make sure this part is working?

My oc_seo_url table has 4138 records, which I would assume is not much, but is there a limit to the SEO?

Post by matthewbaynham » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 am

I fixed it.

Although mod_rewrite was installed it still didn't do anything.

In order for mod_rewrite to do anything I needed to edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf by adding the following code at the bottom.

Code: Select all

<directory /var/www/html>
   AllowOverride All
</directory>

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:54 am

Good to hear you fixed it, and shared your solution here with us. Please mark this forum thread title, preceding it with '[SOLVED]'.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member