Post by probes » Thu May 13, 2021 11:51 pm

I installed opencart following instructions on a popular you tube video. They made me create a subfolder called opencart within public_html which all website contents are contained in. I've spent weeks building it and it all looked like it was working. I now realise all the content needs to be in the public_html not a subfolder, which my host provider also confirms. I've moved everything across but the following errors are now displayed on the live page.

Warning: require_once(/home4/cr*****s/public_html/Opencart/system/startup.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/cr*****s/public_html/index.php on line 17

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home4/cr******s/public_html/Opencart/system/startup.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php56/lib/php') in /home4/cr******s/public_html/index.php on line 17

Clearly building the site in a subfolder and moving it has created path errors. I really need some guidance to rectify. I am pretty new to this and changing code/script is a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment. Can anyone help, thanks

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri May 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Change the path from both config files.

Example

Code: Select all

define('DIR_APPLICATION', '/home4/cr*****s/public_html/Opencart/catalog/');
To:

Code: Select all

define('DIR_APPLICATION', '/home4/cr*****s/public_html/catalog/');

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România