Post by MarkW-UK9 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:25 am

UPDATE: WAS MY ERROR
Ionos use a different db name to the host db name - info was in plain sight, but not clearly enough for me apparently

Having a problem during a fresh 3.0.3.7 install.
Set up folder/database etc on server, uploaded the upload folder contents, renamed config-dist & admin config-dist. Go to website and am greeted with the Opencart setup - all goes fine until I enter database details and then click continue.
Am then presented with an Error 1044 from ionos
Quick Google gives me this

In the IONOS web hosting packages, the use of the MySQL commands CREATE DATABASE %DatabaseName% and USE %DatabaseName% are blocked for you for administrative reasons. Imports of SQL files that contain these commands fail with error 1044 - Access denied. To import a database nevertheless, for example to change the MySQL version, follow the steps below.

Make a backup copy of the SQL file you want to import.
Open the SQL file with a text editor, such as Notepad++.
Search for strings that are CREATE DATABASE %Database name% or USE %Database name%. %DatabaseName% is a placeholder for the actual database name in your SQL file.
Delete these commands. Be careful not to inadvertently remove other statements.
Save your changes.

Anyone experienced this before?

Which file(s) will I need to edit to permit the Opencart installer to get past the database page.

Thanks
Last edited by MarkW-UK9 on Sat May 29, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri May 28, 2021 4:45 pm

OpenCart doesn't use CREATE DATABASE. The issue must be something else. Check the database details you are entering are correct and the database user has the right permissions.
Last edited by ADD Creative on Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by MarkW-UK9 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:15 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling OC, have deleted and created new database still not much further forward.

Setting up a MySQL database with my hosting company gives you a single username for that database. I cant seem to find anywhere to add users, but have noticed that when I try to continue step 3 of OC install I get the following error which has a totally random user name.

Error: Access denied for user 'o2099975'@'%' to database '****del for security****'
Error No: 1044

Any thoughts/help really appreciated.

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 29, 2021 5:44 am

Personally I would test the database connection with your own test PHP file like in the examples.
https://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.construct.php

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon May 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Glad you got it figured out and yea, for some reason, they use their own format.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA