Post by pm-netti » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:33 pm

This is the problem my client has. I am sending this message on his behalf because he said he don’t have time to post/follow up on talk forums.

Some facts: 
- All payments are via PayPal
- This is not consistent with all orders
- This started happening after the update OC to 3.0.3.7
- New content has not been added since the update

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:34 pm

pm-netti wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:33 pm
This is the problem my client has. I am sending this message on his behalf because he said he don’t have time to post/follow up on talk forums.

Some facts: 
- All payments are via PayPal
- This is not consistent with all orders
- This started happening after the update OC to 3.0.3.7
- New content has not been added since the update
Vague. Which Paypal? Which content are you referring too? In addition, since you're working for a client, it means somehow you are maintaining the project he assigned to you. In these cases, you should be able to solve those problems for your client as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by pm-netti » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:46 am

First, the opening message is made by my client except for the opening words.
But I would understand that "content" means features of an extension in use.

- I cannot help solve this problem.

Ps. Used shipping methods:

USPS GXG Envelopes
Priority Mail Express International
Priority Mail International

Post by pm-netti » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:58 pm

Here's more information:
- shipping information entered on the website ( look image)
- shipping cost was charged on order

- shipping address does not show up with the payment on PayPal. Because of that there is no option to print the shipping label for the payment on PayPal and then the payment does not show up under “awaiting shipping” and orders get missed.

Post by by mona » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:27 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:34 pm
Vague. Which Paypal? Which content are you referring too?
In addition, since you're working for a client, it means somehow you are maintaining the project he assigned to you. In these cases, you should be able to solve those problems for your client as a custom job.
viewtopic.php?t=206703
viewtopic.php?t=217381
viewtopic.php?t=200183
viewtopic.php?t=218054
viewtopic.php?t=185524
viewtopic.php?t=138451
viewtopic.php?t=68314

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36064

Feel free to pay for my secretarial services.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:24 pm

by mona wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:27 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:34 pm
Vague. Which Paypal? Which content are you referring too?
In addition, since you're working for a client, it means somehow you are maintaining the project he assigned to you. In these cases, you should be able to solve those problems for your client as a custom job.
viewtopic.php?t=206703
viewtopic.php?t=217381
viewtopic.php?t=200183
viewtopic.php?t=218054
viewtopic.php?t=185524
viewtopic.php?t=138451
viewtopic.php?t=68314

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36064

Feel free to pay for my secretarial services.
Take note that the topics involved above regarding PayPal Standard and Express changes may not be specifically related to the PayPal Commerce Platform (with the exception of one on this list though).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Take note that the topics involved above regarding PayPal Standard and Express changes may not be specifically related to the PayPal Commerce Platform (with the exception of one on this list though).
- Glad to hear I covered all the bases - I don’t think the OP knows which PayPal yet !

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:10 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:09 pm
- Glad to hear I covered all the bases - I don’t think the OP knows which PayPal yet !
While this might be the case, the reminded question to the OP user was not posted either other than the one demonstrated on my first post in this topic.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:26 pm

@Straightlight : Indeed - I agreed with your comment with enthusiasm, re-iterated - highlighted, used bold and underlined - I was suggesting the user may want to try google rather than requesting our time as secretaries for his business. ::)

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:03 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:26 pm
@Straightlight : Indeed - I agreed with your comment with enthusiasm, re-iterated - highlighted, used bold and underlined - I was suggesting the user may want to try google rather than requesting our time as secretaries for his business. ::)
Duly noted Mona. The bunch of links, where Google was not mentioned prior as part of its significance, means that people wants to be imaged differently than the one proposed as being the receptionist in a customer service working field area.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 pm

A secretary has nothing to do with customer service and a receptionist does not do secretarial work. I hope your confusion is due to the length of time you have not seen the inside of an office rather than based on your opinion of womans’ work. I have no issue with accepting that men can lift a heavier weight than I can. I would not want to be equal to a man.

If you are suggesting that your developer skills are of more value that my secretarial skills, or, that I believe my developer skills are of more value than my secretarial skills - you would be wrong, my time is my time. However you are entitled to your opinion, all be it archaic.

I was merely allowing the OP to help himself and pointing out that he could have done that himself.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 pm
A secretary has nothing to do with customer service and a receptionist does not do secretarial work. I hope your confusion is due to the length of time you have not seen the inside of an office rather than based on your opinion of womans’ work. I have no issue with accepting that men can lift a heavier weight than I can. I would not want to be equal to a man.

If you are suggesting that your developer skills are of more value that my secretarial skills, or, that I believe my developer skills are of more value than my secretarial skills - you would be wrong, my time is my time. However you are entitled to your opinion, all be it archaic.

I was merely allowing the OP to help himself and pointing out that he could have done that himself.
Nowhere to be said that this is what I suggested. As for the last sentence, no problem.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON