Post by kcweb » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:24 am

Downloaded opencart through Softaculous. Built a sample site for a client on my server. Developed new website for client. Then had to transfer OC to new server site. Hired someone else to do the transfer. When they were done I enter the admin section of the store to see what changes I would have to make. Like reinstalling payment info and bought theme. Logged out. Went back later and now cannot log in to store. Any thoughts. Is this an opencart issue or a server issue or maybe even caused by the company that did the transfer. I am out of ideas to access the admin for this store.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Have you cleared you browser's cookies and cache?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by kcweb » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 pm

Yes have tried everything I can think of.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:04 pm

kcweb wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 pm
Goes to custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by fairwarning » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 pm

kcweb wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 pm
What errors if any are you receiving?
Without knowing what everything is that you could think of it is hard to say what to try. Did you try "forgotten password" to try and reset? Did you happen to change the timezone? If so, that causes instant lockout (which has fixes).

Post by kcweb » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 pm

I have had it verified that it is an error in the time zone. Can you elaborate on the 'quick fix'. Thank you

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:41 pm

kcweb wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 pm
I have had it verified that it is an error in the time zone. Can you elaborate on the 'quick fix'. Thank you
- viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369#p813648
- viewtopic.php?f=201&t=222369#p815465

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by danafriedman64 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 am

I'm having a similar problem. Our OpenCart site is being upgraded from 1.9 (?) to 3.x. None of the admin credentials we have (for the test site) on file are working. The test site is a subdomain of the main site. We have access to the main site. How can we reset passwords if none of the e-mail addresses we know to be correct are in the database for the test site? If we've been hacked it's only the test site that (we know) has a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:53 am

danafriedman64 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 am
I'm having a similar problem. Our OpenCart site is being upgraded from 1.9 (?) to 3.x. None of the admin credentials we have (for the test site) on file are working. The test site is a subdomain of the main site. We have access to the main site. How can we reset passwords if none of the e-mail addresses we know to be correct are in the database for the test site? If we've been hacked it's only the test site that (we know) has a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this issue investigated as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:21 pm

danafriedman64 wrote:
Thanks!
Change the email addresses or passwords directly in the database tables to ones you know.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:31 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:21 pm
danafriedman64 wrote:
Thanks!
Change the email addresses or passwords directly in the database tables to ones you know.
Plain password text from database vs. hashing won't work that way due to the recent PHP functions that's been added into the cart\user.php and cart\customer.php files.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON