Post by GlowRed » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:43 pm

I have been trying to install OpenCart on my Mac. I have installed and tested MAMP with a test folder in htdocs and put a basic PHP test script in the folder. I am able to run the test using my web browser.

I have downloaded the OpenCart files and put them in a new folder in the htdocs directory.

I have set up the database and added a user to it with username and password.

However, when I open my web browser and enter in the web address for my OpenCart site I get a blank screen.

Can anyone offer any advice? Do I need to change and setting on PHP or .htaccess file when using MAMP?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 pm

Try and find your PHP error log or server error log as they may help you work out what is wrong.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Gergely » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi GlowRed,

I have a few ideas:
  • MAMP doesn't use standard ports by default if I recall correctly, so you might need to specify that in the URL (or config)
  • Is your service directory configured correctly? It should be the full path to the folder that includes admin, catalog, system, install etc. folders.

These are from memory as I don't have a Mac in front of me right now, so I could be wrong. Will come back to this topic in a few hours if it's not resolved yet.

(Sidenote: you could also try with XAMPP, if that's an option)

Hope this helps,
    Gergely

Post by GlowRed » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:03 am

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for your reply.

I changed the ports on MAMP and the installation worked without any problems.

Thank you for you help.