Post by ozbod » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Thanks everyone who has replied to my question.

Although everything is working fine on 2.0.1.1 and there are updates available, I think we will stay were we are for the time being. We have expended lots of hours in converting our existing shops to Open Cart 2.0.1.1 and do not want to have to go through all of that all over again.
By the way I don't use softalicious or any other form of automatic install system, do everything manually here.
Hopefully in the near future all of this will get resolved and everyone will be happy again.
Cheers
Dave

Post by virgotch » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:29 pm

I don't see too a reliable OC2.x before end of year (at least if any) and have stopped searching / reporting bugs as I consider it unusable in production.
im agree with you , we also use 1.5.x version because we still dont see any stable 2.x version oc.

Post by ThePath » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Jay, the reason hosts like Heart and others dont allow loopback requests on their shared servers is a security one. If these loopbacks are misused or hijacked then they can bring down all the websites on that server affecting lots of people and therefore proves too much of a risk for the hosts to allow it.

Thats what they told me anyway. Ive been moaning at them for years to change it. THEY WONT. :(

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by vinylperfection » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:42 pm

I don't post much but I read here a lot.
I've been following the progress of 2.0 and seeing a lot of complaints and bug threads not being answered.
Support seems to still be alive and kicking for 1.5 and its a stable, working platform with a lot of extensions available.

The problem with 2.0 is that it seems rushed.
Opencart I thought, was quite a mature cart that could be used for high end stores selling a lot of quantity.
Unfortunately 2.0 has lost the path on this respect as upgrading is nigh on impossible for live stores and there are still features that people have been asking for quite a lot since the early days that are still not implemented.

Opencart seems to treat the people on the forums as hobbyist coders playing about with the cart. If you don't like it, tough, this is how it is.... But, some of us actually have high end clients selling a lot of stock worldwide and moving to 2.0 looks like it would be a disaster.

Now im a business man, I understand that money is being made and there are deadlines from companies to get the goods on the shelf and start making money (welford)
I also fully understand that not everything happens overnight as there will be a priority list of things that is happening...

BUT, as said, communication should be important.
Just a basic roadmap would help.

Is there an easy to use upgrade option coming?
What sort of features are actually coming if any?
When is 2.0 likely to be stable and useable? (considering its being promoted as such already)

I was looking to finally move to 2.0.3.0 as its moved on a bit but now i'll be sticking to 1.5

This is all not meant as a rant in any way.
I appreciate there is a lot of work going on to keep this project going but just try to keep the little man in the loop ;) ;)

Post by atnaples » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 pm

BTW, it's not bad...

1. removed openbay crap...
2. learned to use functions instead of copy/paste
3. use email 3td party "vendor"'s code
4. looks like a christmas tree...
5. same problem with big data...
6. no real support for multi stores/domains
7. build in vqmod !!! ?

... so same sh... everyday

OH, i forgot to say... finally, code, developed, in Turkey... has default language as GB_ENGLISH >:D
Last edited by atnaples on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by atnaples » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:21 pm

moderator, you deleted a link, but opencart has never had a (c) IN ITS CODE... these guys have it... D. is a creator (with low case) and he let somebody does that... i do not believe...

Post by atnaples » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:32 pm

guys, any comments, please... what are we going to do?

Post by atnaples » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:20 am

thanks god, somebody is alive :-)

that's a problem: i was looking for year... and, now, using 1.5.6.4 and 2.* versions.
but reporting bugs since 2.0.0.0 have not fixed some problems. Answer, always" "Issue is closed"... Next version - the same, Copy/paste: email, api, etc.

Who needed this freakin api, working over curl and cookies?

last time, a few months ago, i mentioned about fork (current version with bug fixed), my message was deleted and people were ready to "kill" me

Post by atnaples » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:25 am

Support: they (D) did a right things, modules are 99% compatible with OC.
vQmod: they discussed t o have only, it's already build in

all this fancy stuff, like marketplace, is only for developers, again :-( merchant needs this only once

drug-and-drop: we no jquery, but i want, personally, to see real multi-store/domain shopping cart

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:22 am

It supports it, but it's not really VQMod and short of the basic version its not going to have everything

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by qahar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:01 am

JNeuhoff wrote:I might change the open source license used to make sure that forked versions keep the original copyright texts, and version numbers, so users can see from where it originates and whether they use the latest up-to-date releases of our extensions. I am not sure at the moment which open source license would be suitable for this.
OpenCart use GPL, we can't change license for ext, just need to start put license and copyright per file http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en. ... seCopyOnly

If someone forked and remove the copyright, it's violating the license and is stealing.
Modified fork usually still acknowledge with: keep license at top of file as is, Based on, Modified version of etc

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by rph » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:18 pm

I'd be rather cautious about that project given one of the leads was thrown off both the Joomla and OpenCart marketplaces.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:45 pm

rph wrote:I'd be rather cautious about that project given one of the leads was thrown off both the Joomla and OpenCart marketplaces.
I wondered about this, but topics about that here on OC where removed.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:46 pm

OSWorX wrote:
i2Paq wrote:Arastta has just started and will be using OCMod instead of vQmod, which, in my opinion, is a bad decision.
Not really true, they support both systems native.
They plan to move to a Wordpress like plugin-system.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by gogoweb » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:29 am

Guys, I know this might be a little off topic regarding last posts, but what do you think about OCmod vs vQmod?

I am tired of support requests like - vqmod mods throwing invalid file type in Extension Installer. OR " I could not install it please help ".

So I am thinking should I start developing for ocmod instead (I know it's limited but is it worth a even a try)?

Since OC 2 already offers an automated installer, how can I use it to install vQmod mods to make the end-user's life easier??

All mods | OpenCart Bulk Related Products Ultimate Edition |GeoIP hide Prices / no add to cart by country| CSS override | Direct link to checkout / skip add to cart / buy now link | AUTO pilot - reward & purchase points

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:56 pm

CelBot wrote:I'm still amazed that no one from OpenCart has posted here to clarify ANYTHING........

Someone from OpenCart could simply write something like: "Hello, let us set a few things straight here . . ." and "In the next few months we will be trying to implement . . ." and finally, "We don't have time to respond to you here but we will check back every other week or so . . ."
In a perfect world, yes. You have 7 post, I have 11557+ posts.

It is nice to have such dreams, I had them to, once......

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by rph » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:12 pm

gogoweb wrote:Guys, I know this might be a little off topic regarding last posts, but what do you think about OCmod vs vQmod?

I am tired of support requests like - vqmod mods throwing invalid file type in Extension Installer. OR " I could not install it please help ".
  • Poorly documented
  • API breaks between releases
  • Logging is useless for troubleshooting
  • Slow development/forced to manually regenerate modification cache during development
  • Fewer features than vQmod
  • Can't change script load order

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:02 pm

opencart does not put copyright at the top of the files because its to much messing around with multiple developers adding commits on git hub.

what Arastta are doing is illegal because they have stated they that they own the copyright. 99% of the files they claim copyright on were created by me and I'm the copyright owner. I'm the only one who can decide the licenses.

Its misleading on who owns the IP rights. they need to put down @copyright: OpenCart Ltd our remove the copyright claim completely!

I have already contacted github about this.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:34 am

i have been looking at fixes for the loopback issue all week. i'm looking for an alternative fix. wordpress and drupal have had issues with this for ages.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 pm

US

Until 1989, a published work had to contain a valid copyright notice to receive protection under the copyright laws. But this requirement is no longer in force — works first published after March 1, 1989 need not include a copyright notice to gain protection under the law. - See more at: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fa ... 3zauK.dpuf

UK
5. Anything without a copyright notice is not protected?
Copyright will apply whether there is a copyright notice or not.
In the US, a notice was required to retain copyright on works published before January 1st 1978, but this was the exception not the norm, and is certainly no longer the case. Also, once the US signed up to the Berne convention, US law was amended, and the use of copyright notices became optional on work published from March 1st 1989.
Having said this, it is still certainly worth placing a copyright notice on your work. A copyright notice reminds others that copyright exists, and may therefore help to deter infringement.

the evidence is on github including dates and time the code was added.

OpenCart®

Administrator