Post by bmett » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Q,

Our shop uses 1.4.9.1 and I just updated the two files u mentioned in the post above.
Unfortunately the paypal link doesnt work at all now. It says that the link has wrongly formatted value in it.

Any ideas? Reason for us to update was that we have the issue with coupons not getting properly applied by paypal if the discount is bigger or equal to the subtotal.

Cheers,

Post by Qphoria » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:04 am

hmm.. i am using it on my site and haven't had any problems with it.
Got a link I can see?

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Qphoria wrote:This is the latest version of the code and is newer than the v1.4.9.2 version, so all 1.4.8.x and 1.4.9.x users should get this version.
Should you not update your first post and change/add this to it?
In your first post it still says that 1.4.9.x user should not use the files in the download.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am

Ok I've updated Paypal Standard in the first post. This version is NEWER than the one in v1.4.9.3.
I found and fixed quite a few problems with currency conversion and discount checking that should hopefully fix a lot of problems people were having.

NOTE ABOUT MULTIPLE CURRENCIES
OpenCart and Paypal get their exchange rates from different sources at different times of the day. This means that when customers are using a currency that is not your default currency, the exchange rate for the Total could vary slightly from what Paypal shows. There is no easy fix for this as paypal doesn't allow passing the exchange rate value currently used. This is just a fact of life that has always existed.

One Alternative for this if it really bothers you, is to force paypal to always use your default currency. So if the customer sees GBP on the checkout page, when they goto Paypal they will see USD (or whatever your default is).

Another alternative is to forcibly switch the customer's selected currency on the site to your default currency when reaching the checkout/confirm page. This means they see the final page in your default currency instead of their currency.

And finally, and perhaps the best, would be to just include a simple javascript popup when clicking the checkout button that the price on paypal may vary slightly due to exchange rates.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 am

Qphoria wrote:This version is NEWER than the one in v1.4.9.3.
Thanks, I've added that red line into the Topic Start, just so everyone reads it ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:03 am

Yes it can be used in production
No it will not reset settings
just overwrite the files and double check all settings in the admin paypal configuration area

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:18 am

ash_in99 wrote:you said.. " force paypal to always use your default currency. So if the customer sees GBP on the checkout page, when they goto Paypal they will see USD "

a) Where is this option in Paypal account, i seen somewhere but now not able to find out.

b) Zip file attached in first post... is that final files?
a) Its not an option, its a single line of code to change

b) Yes

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:37 am

ash_in99 wrote:I think soon you have to create a mod or make changes in current paypal.. to process the payments which is bigger $500, splits in 2 payments.

Due to new paypal india policy - https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2011/01/a ... for-india/
Perhaps best if you move to a less silly country :) USA has $2000 limit

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:47 am

yea.. that will have to be address I suppose. Won't be easy

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 am

That is pretty bad tbh. Forcing you to take money out of your PP account within 7 days and not allowed to buy goods with it. I know exactly why they are doing it but it's a bit tedious if you ask me. paypal may as well just automatically send the money straight to your bank account (although they wont so that they can get interest on your money sitting there of course). I'm just wondering is this for paypal standard only in India or PP pro as well (do they have PP pro in India?)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 am

You won't be able to split the payment into two and only require the customer to check out once, it just won't happen

Guru Member

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:52 am

It will definitely hinder things yes for people purchasing from/selling to India. I'm not sure exactly how most people would feel about having to do two checkouts to complete a transaction, not to mention the logistics of it

Guru Member

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

This is a separate "feature" that needs to be addressed.. this has always been there and happens when the payer has a & or other "strange" characters in their name. It would have happened with the previous version too.. but you still need the fixes in this version.

Read the first thread of this post

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Ipn is getting the mismatch. You likely have PDT enabled so it is recovering itself and completing

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 am

Ok I figured out the problem with the handling fee when discount is greater than subtotal and fixed it.

Another issue that paypal can't process 0.00. So when the discount results in the cart total = 0.00, paypal will simply ignore the discount completely because they are stupid like that.

So I've added a little fix to the ajax confirm function that gets called when clicking submit. If the total = 0.00, it just completes the order and bypasses the paypal login.

Updated the zip in the first post here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 954#p87954

be sure to update all catalog files as a few of them have changes

Administrator

Post by speedingorange » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Im Currently running paypal 1.4.2 and am finding it REALLY slow to respond between checkout/confirm page and paypal. (40 secconds+)

Would upgrading fix this?

I intend to upgrade anyhow but i want to know if this could be an issue that wont be resolved by upgrading.

Post by Johnathan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:56 am

I had my first scammer today buy a bunch of my extensions using a stolen PayPal account. Does the newest version of the paypal module check whether the OpenCart e-mail matches the PayPal e-mail? I know it says this:
Many additional validation steps to cut down on scammers (price match, email match, referrer, etc)
but I just wanted to check if that's what "email match" refers to.

Anyone have any other tips on preventing these things from happening?

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 am

Johnathan wrote:I had my first scammer today buy a bunch of my extensions using a stolen PayPal account. Does the newest version of the paypal module check whether the OpenCart e-mail matches the PayPal e-mail? I know it says this:
Many additional validation steps to cut down on scammers (price match, email match, referrer, etc)
but I just wanted to check if that's what "email match" refers to.

Anyone have any other tips on preventing these things from happening?
No there is no check that their account email = paypal email as that isn't always the case. Email match means that in case they catch and alter the message and change the seller email to their own account and then fake the ipn back to you. Not likely but just in case.

I am looking into adding an email verification option like daniel did to the extension store. Then you could choose to enable that extra security.

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

Qphoria wrote:No there is no check that their account email = paypal email as that isn't always the case. Email match means that in case they catch and alter the message and change the seller email to their own account and then fake the ipn back to you. Not likely but just in case.

I am looking into adding an email verification option like daniel did to the extension store. Then you could choose to enable that extra security.
Sounds good, thanks for the explanation.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by qahar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 am

Qphoria wrote:Read the Paypal Configuration Documentation for info on how to setup your Paypal Account the preferred way.
Just wondering, is there any documentation about How to Setting this new Paypal Standard on backend?

--update--
I mean the setting of the Transaction Method and Order Status ;D

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia