Post by Foggy Dew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:34 pm

This is not a PayPal issue same problem with Pay on Collection
When an order goes through check out and the person is directed to PayPal , they complete the transaction and pay.
The person then gets a message that their order was successful.
They login to view their account and the history is there!
On the Admin side.
I get an email from PayPal and my Opencart notifying me about the order.
The order is visible on the admin dashboard and marked complete.
BUT, if I go to the customer account at: Admin> Sales> Customers> Customers
The General Tab: Has data, Name, email ect..
History Tab: No Results!
Transactions Tab: No Results!
IP Addresses: Has Data
The same happens when I use Pay On Collection, the order is in pending in Admin>Dashboard, I can view the order from the dashboard, can “complete” the order through edit on dashboard.
BUT, if I go to the customer account at: Admin> Sales> Customers> Customers again no orders or transaction history.
The customer can view the history including orders pending from the customer login in the front end!
Opencart Version 1.5.6

Post by butte » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:45 am

Was this a clean install or an upgrade (from which)? Not first instance of behavior, but logged errors showing how/why not yet known. Possibly installer script booboo.

What do /system/ and /vqcache/ error logs say -- explicitly, in single or clustered errors (we do not need 40 yards of log)? Those contain often tiny snippets that tell what actually happened. From that one or another known script fix may (or not) apply.

Guru Member

Post by Foggy Dew » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 am

Hi Butte
This problem is way above my pay grade, I had a look at the error logs and I'm none the wiser. This is one for the professionals, I am an ammeter with a bricks and mortar store and looking to expand through an online presence. I am comfortable enough setting up my store, adding the theme and modules but when things go wrong at this level I need help. So can anyone suggest a reputable Opencart expert who can help sort this issue?
Regards
Foggy

Post by butte » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:20 am

There are several. Maybe this will help to expedite things a little bit, and maybe we'll even get you to where you can fix it yourself.

One reason for asking (2nd above) clean/upgrade is that an alternate install script might matter, and you could just rerun the installer. You've evidently done 'er yourself, so maybe this is a new store in a very recent version, rather than an upgrade of a longstanding store. On your admin log-in screen is the version number.

One reason for asking (2nd above) for the actual log segments is to see what the specific problem(s) seen in little snippets of errors actually seem to be. Had you installed vqmod you would probably remember it. The /system/logs/ are just above the root (the bottom) of the store tree. That is the same store tree that you uploaded in order to install OC.

Guru Member

Post by butte » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 pm

UPSHOT.-- Solved, non-problem, 1.5.6.0, stable, what is there for admin to make manual transaction and history entries is there, unmade entries are not "missing"; customers and orders, data and editability are okay; a possible related problem was not there. All system log entries are Feb. and Mar., concern theme .tpl (ancient history); no vqmod errors. Settings reviewed, error display reset Off, logging kept On. An UNreported unrelated problem fixed. A few specific recommendations given. Host had upgraded to 1.5.6.0 "automatically"; non-default theme had been mended, differences were seen, but there was no cause for worry (for startled attentiveness, kudos).

Guru Member

Post by Foggy Dew » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Butte,
Thank you for your help with this issue, and for your vigilance in spotting and fixing the other unrelated problem.
Great to get support like that, thanks again
Best regards
Foggy

Post by butte » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:04 am

You're very welcome, and thank you, too.

Guru Member

Post by chubbycheeks » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi

I have tried to find a more current topic than this one but couldn't. How did you fix or work out that there wasn't a problem.
I have the issue which sounds the same as you. Where a customer creates and account makes a sale and the sale status changes to complete.

When I go to Admin>Sales>Customers>Customers then select the customer the history tab shows nothing and the transaction tab shows nothing.

Any ideas
OC 1.5.6.1 Fresh install, no upgrade.

Post by olstar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Guys,

We make lots of sites with Opencart - and i've just realised that the customer history tab basically doesn't work.

It even seems to have been totally overlooked in the documentation.

http://docs.opencart.com/display/openca ... -Customers

SO whats the crack?

Has anyone actually successfully got the "History" tab in Opencart to display anything? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Professional UK Based eCommerce - Our Free Opencart Mods - Our Premium Opencart Mods
Kashflow Integration

Post by chaserich » Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 am

Bump. I'm having the same issued with 1.5.6.4. Can someone confirm that OC SHOULD be putting the orders in the customers transaction history? Or is it something that is supposed to be manually done by the site admin?

I've searched the forums pretty extensively and haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this, so if anyone can shed some light it would be extremely appreciated!

Post by Rols » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi Guys!

It seems that I have the same problem as you.
I have no data in Admin> Sales> Customers> Customers and
no data (everywhere 0 values) in Dashboard > Notifications (bell icon).

I use OC ver 2.0.0.0

I made a lot of changes, including: VQMOD, extensions, manual changing template color, so I can't just install the fresh one.
When now I'm reading that it shows up also in other cases and versions I think I will give up..
On the other hand it is very import for me to have list of all customers.
Typing them manually doesn't make sense.

Could anyone help me?

Post by debbiekipt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:20 am

Hi
I have the same issue 1.5.6.4 - did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and can tell us how?
Or does Opencart not record/add Customer history and transactions in the Customer details, even though there are Tabs for this info?

Appreciate your insights!

Post by Gollum3273 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:26 am

??? I've got exactly the same issue I'm using 2.3.0.2 customer orders but only IP address shows up in customer order history no order and no transactions, is there nothing that can make this work???
I'm using echo themes rather than default, was a clean install but have made changes so don't really want to have to start again,
Is there something that can be added to make it work??? ???

Post by BFFMedia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:33 am

v2.3.02 same issue no orders listed in the customer profile if viewing as an admin yet they are listed in the customers "my account" and if you search the sales.

Post by AllenFreeman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:09 am

Using OC v3.0.2.0 and the story remains the same. No data under Transactions for customers who have placed orders through the store. They should be there.

Nothing under History either, but to me that just seems like a place for admins to leave notes...