Post by sml » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I have been working on this problem for about 18 hrs and I am stuck! :(

I just completed my latest website with SEO rewrite enabled and SSL enabled - all working perfectly.

I copied the files and database and transferred into a new server, then edited the two config.php files.

The homepage loads correctly (I am just using the dedicated IP)

CATEGORY ERROR
However when I click on a category ... "Not Found - The requested URL /categoryXX was not found on this server. Apache/2.4.6 (Ubuntu) Server at 58.253.XX.126 Port 80"

ADMIN ERROR
When I try to access the admin, the result is "This web page has a redirect loop"

I had been transferring the OpenCart installation previously (without SEO rewrites and SSL) so I think the basics of the correct database settings and URLs should be fine. I checked and mod_rewrite seems to be installed correctly (using a info.php file that I found in another thread). I tried plenty of options with my .htaccess file from other threads but nothing seemed to work.

sml
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by labeshops » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:14 pm

I would check with your host as it sounds like an apache configuration problem.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by sml » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:26 pm

The live website that is working perfectly is on a shared web-hosting.

I tried to transfer the site onto my AWS VPS and also onto another account at the same shared web-hosting ... both had the same result :(

sml
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by MarketInSG » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:50 pm

what's in your htaccess file? Are they the exact same contents as the default?


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location - Singapore

Post by sml » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 am

From the live install which is working correctly ...

.htaccess =
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)\?*$ index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

Here is my config.php ...
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://xxxx.com/');
// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://xxxx.com/');

And admin config.php
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://xxxx.com/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://xxxx.com/');
// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://xxxx.com/admin/');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG', 'https://xxxx.com/');

And in my DNS ....
www . xxxx . com . CNAME xxxx . com . (added spaces to stop hyperlink)

In the copy installation, I have tried 5 or 6 different .htaccess from searching the fourms. And I have tried some www and non-www options in config.php. On the shared hosting test server, I do not have the CNAME record above. On the AWS VPS, I am trying to use a dedicated IP. I have also tried remove the https to http as I do not have a SSL cert installed on the test servers.

sml
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by sml » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:51 am

Just made some 'big' progress ... I tried this .htaccess and it now loads the front-end pages but there is are some errors appearing on the page with 'undefined variable .... in header.tpl'. And the admin is still broken with the redirect loop.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

sml
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:37 am

try removing any .htaccess file in your admin folder. restore back the original .htaccess file from the default opencart installation.


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location - Singapore

Post by sml » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Solved finally ... Wow ... after about 40hrs of work it is resolved! I noticed that after deleted my vqmod cache, it never regenerated .. so ...

1. backup xml folder into a zip
2. delete vqmod folder
3. upload vqmod from a fresh download from the vqmod page
4. unzip vqmod and drop into root folder
5. delete xml folder and replace with the backup created in Step 1

sml
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests