Post by fsas » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi

I originally posted this question on the dutch forum and I thought I had the answer. I tried to change a css file with vqmod but overlooked the fact that that is not possible. The work-around that I found was the following:
create a copy of the stylesheet, edit this one and let vqmod change the header.tpl to link to the copied cdd instead of the original one. I was happy with this solution but, unfortunately, it does not work either.
Apparantly, i am overlooking something.
It is OpenCart 1.5.6.4, almost a clean install. I intalled VQmod, OMFlite (but for this I changed the template in admin to "default") and also made some other minor changes with admin. That's it.

just to test things, I copied the stylesheet within the default template to a stylesheetanjo.css and that one contains my change (a sinple change, just to test it).

then I wrote the following script:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<modification>
   <id>vervang stylesheet.css door eigen css</id>
   <version>1.0</version>
   <vqmver>2.X</vqmver>
   <author>Anjo</author>
   <file name="catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/header.tpl">
       <operation info="vervang stylesheet.css door eigen css">
           <search position="replace"><![CDATA[
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css" />
           ]]></search>
           <add><![CDATA[
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheetanjo.css" />
           ]]></add>
       </operation>
   </file>
</modification>
If I edit the original catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/styesheet.css, the changes are visible in the store. if I edit the catalog\view\theme\default\template\common\header.tpl so that it points to the copied stylesheet (stylesheetanjo.css) it also works. So i am quite confident that I use the correct files. But the script does not do anything. No error in the log either. What am I missing?

thanks, Anjo
Last edited by fsas on Fri May 01, 2015 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rph » Fri May 01, 2015 12:03 am

Check if vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_common_header.tpl is being generated in the /vqmod/vqcache directory. If not, delete the /vqmod/mods.cache and /vqmod/checked.cache files and try again. If the file is there make sure your CSS file link is correct and not generating a 404.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by fsas » Fri May 01, 2015 12:55 am

The file you mentioned (...header.tlp) was not present in the vqcache. i deleted both the checked.cache and the mods.cache and tried again. No socces. I have no clue what is happening.

thanks for your answer,
Anjo

Post by rph » Fri May 01, 2015 1:05 am

Did you make sure vQmod is installed and the script is in the right directory?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by fsas » Fri May 01, 2015 1:32 am

yes
another script is wordking fine.

greetings, Anjo

Post by rph » Fri May 01, 2015 2:02 am

Clear out all the files in vqcache and make sure they're regenerating. Also make sure you're working on the correct website/directory. Make sure the vQmod script is named in the form of filename.xml and that it's in the /vqmod/xml directory. Make sure the file is not blank. Check that the log directory and make sure there are proper write permissions. Create a failing vQmod script to test it.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by fsas » Fri May 01, 2015 4:33 am

rph wrote:Clear out all the files in vqcache and make sure they're regenerating. Also make sure you're working on the correct website/directory. Make sure the vQmod script is named in the form of filename.xml and that it's in the /vqmod/xml directory. Make sure the file is not blank. Check that the log directory and make sure there are proper write permissions. Create a failing vQmod script to test it.
I did eveything you suggested. This afternoon there were no log files to be found but now there are (so logs from my previous attempts I mean). i did not make any changes but now it is working correctly. So I really think it was some kind of problem with my host. i had more issues this afternoon. It is now working correctly, but it is the same as it was this afternoon. Beats me.

Thank you very much fot your help. I appreciate it a lot.

greetings, Anjo