Post by charmarsh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 am

I have read several tutorials but No matter what configuration I use I cannot get the multi stores to work. My original store is using a subdomain: "diet.mystore.com" the root is "/public_html/diet"
What should my second and third store subdomain be?
And then, what is the proper path in my opencart 1.5?
Thank you.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by charmarsh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:04 am

No. I tried every combination of subdomain, and store set up. I read every article. Nothing works. My host could not help me either. I think because the original store was set up using a subdomain, setting up the additional stores is confounding.

Post by MrPhil » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:21 am

Not every host will permit "on the fly" subdomain creation by a web application, if that's what you're trying to do. Normally you need to explicitly create a subdomain using your host's control panel and install the store into it. Is this what you're doing?

Post by charmarsh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:51 am

I am using the host control panel and creating the subdomain there. The subdomain (which is just a folder within the other subdomain, correct?), is empty.
The original opencart store is at subdomain, "diet.mywebsite.com". When I enter that url in my browser I get my default store. I have tried other combinations for creating the subdomain of the second store i.e. "second.diet.mywebsite.com", ".diet.second.mywebsite.com", "diet.mywebsite.com/second" - Are any of these correct?

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:41 pm

All domains and subdomains should point to the same folder

You should have only one folder with all the opencart files inside.

Some hosts will not allow you to create subdomains in this manner, so you may need to check with them

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by MrPhil » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Are you saying that you're creating a subdomain by simply adding a directory under public_html/? That won't work on most systems -- you need to use a "create a subdomain" function so that the local nameserver knows how to handle the new subdomain. Also, this often won't work on "add-on" (secondary) domains, but only on the primary domain. Ask your host how to do subdomains if it doesn't seem to be working correctly. The end result of either a subdomain or an add-on domain is something like public_html/sub-name/, plus the local nameserver knowing where to direct it.

Post by charmarsh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 am

The directory is there now but none of the store pages or data shows up. Just "Index of/" and "cgi-bin"

Post by victorj » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:03 pm

When creating a multistore, your mainstore should Always be in root so All files from that shop should be in folder public_html.
You must be able to acces that store through http(s)://mydomain.com.

When adding a sub store create a subdomain.
Lets asume diet.mystore.com you need to create a sub domain.
Normally this subdomain points to public_html/diet
Edit Path do IT points to public_html
In admin Ad a second store and add URL http(s)://diet.mystore.com/
Note last slash in URL.
Full out All fields and save.
Now you have a second store that Will work when going to diet.mystore.com
Assign categories, products, information pages etc, select a different theme for store if you want.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by ihateusernames » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to add a new store as you described here. However, my first store is already on a sub domain and the second store is on a separate domain. Will this still work? I've managed to get the second domain to pick up the oc but it only seems to link to the first store, not the second?
Thanks, hope I've made it clear enough?

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2