Post by TomSut » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:49 am

Hello

I would like to edit the text within the "order update email".

This is the email that is sent when the "Order Status" is changed and the Notify Customer check box is ticked and the update history button is clicked.

I don't mean the order confirmation email that the customer gets when the order is placed, this is a different email!

The email reads
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer Name,

We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped. (If this email was sent on a Sunday or a Legal Holiday, your order has been packed and will be shipped on the next business day.)

Order ID: 84180
Date Ordered: 09/03/2018

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to edit the line starting, We are pleased to inform you...

I can't find it in the Opencart files, where is it?

I have looked in

catalog/language/english/mail/order.php
admin/language/english/mail/order.php

No success

Hope someone knows where this bit of text is

Thank You

Tom

Opencart version 1.5.5.1
Last edited by TomSut on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 am

We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped
This line does not exist in the core. Originates from an installed extension. Use TextCrawler to track the source of the file containing these criterias,

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by TomSut » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:20 am

Did a search in every folder... nothing

Every version of Opencart has this feature. It is not an installed extension.

Nothing in the Database

This line must exist somewhere.

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:13 am

Nothing in the Database

This line must exist somewhere.
If not on the database, with TextCrawler it will find you the line on first site.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 am

Originally, this kind of comment is placed here:
opencart-1.5.5.1.zip\opencart-1.5.5.1\upload\catalog\language\english\checkout\success.php

Code: Select all

$_['text_customer'] = '<p>Your order has been successfully processed!</p><p>You can view your order history by going to the <a href="%s">my account</a> page and by clicking on <a href="%s">history</a>.</p><p>If your purchase has an associated download, you can go to the account <a href="%s">downloads</a> page to view them.</p><p>Please direct any questions you have to the <a href="%s">store owner</a>.</p><p>Thanks for shopping with us online!</p>';
$_['text_guest']    = '<p>Your order has been successfully processed!</p><p>Please direct any questions you have to the <a href="%s">store owner</a>.</p><p>Thanks for shopping with us online!</p>';
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by TomSut » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

straightlight - I used Text Crawler and it didn't find anything. Text crawler is defiantly working as it should do.

IP_CAM - I was expecting it to be in a file like that. I have edited lots of files in the past including the success page one.

Unless someone has a copy of Opencart 1.5 and can do a search themselves then this is unexplainable.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 am

Well, nothing easler than this, just download a copy of 1.5.5.1, then, you
will find out, that it does not exist in the way, as you described the content,
by default.
Good Luck!
Ernie
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ory&page=3

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 am

If Textcrawler cannot find the sentence you're looking for, ensure to use the right file extension and to look with the recursive option. If no results can be found at this point, use the search tab in PHPMyAdmin from your OC database. The sentence may be located in one of the database tables or from a remote API.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by TomSut » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 am

Downloaded a fresh copy. Non of the files contain the line "We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped. (If this email was sent on a Sunday or a Legal Holiday, your order has been packed and will be shipped on the next business day.)"

I Installed that fresh copy and the email notification works as it does on my proper site.

Every person using Opencart was sending this message to their customers but no one knows how or where it is being generated from.

Not in the files
Not in the Database

Unexplainable

No one knows the answer.

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:33 am

Unexplainable
Remote API. Which extensions are you using?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 am

Every person using Opencart was sending this message to their customers but no one knows how or where it is being generated from.
Incorrect, I am receiving all the eMails sent, as Admin and registered Customer, but I never received anything, but the default OC Text Content in such Mails.
And this Sunday or a Legal Holiday Text MUST come from some Extension. But you where searching for the full Content, and, as you can see in my Code, placed above, it's not just content, but Code as well, you therefore should only search for that Legal Holiday Sequence, to find out.
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by TomSut » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 pm

After uninstalling every extension I found it was a shipping providers API that was overriding opencarts default message.

Many thanks for all your help.