Post by Cleo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 am

Hello,

For two weeks now, the errors were no longer displayed in Cpanel/errors (where there is the little red Error icon) so I contacted the support department of my host, and each operator who answered gave me a different version and each one made changes either in my .htaccess file or on the server, so much so that I found myself with 50,000 503 errors and others in my administration panel, 500 errors, site not available, etc., until I got shocked and threatened to change my host. They apologized and transferred my support request to a higher level programmer, but the problem is still not resolved.

I finally did a full restore of my site to a date prior to their changes and everything was back to normal, except that the errors were still not showing up in Cpane/error.

Now they told me that they had contacted their supplier (probably Cpanel or Lightspeed) and they still tell me that it's probably a rule in my .htaccess that's causing the problem, however the errors have suddenly started to show up in Cpanel/error but they are all errors like the following and there is plenty of them:

Code: Select all

2021-04-26 19:07:19.207196 [INFO] [32454] [T0] [77.75.79.95:23447#APVH_image.lesbricollesdecleo.com:443] File not found [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/image/error_404.php] 
2021-04-26 19:07:19.207172 [INFO] [32454] [T0] [77.75.79.95:23447#APVH_image.lesbricollesdecleo.com:443] File not found [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/image/index.php] 
I know nothing about programming but I googled and everything I found mentions that 443 errors have to do with port 443/SSL, unless I misunderstood.

Now they advised me to put a .htaccess with less rules to see if it is one of the rules in it that would cause the errors. I've had the same .htaccess for at least 3 years and never had these problems, so why would it suddenly happen? I haven't added or changed anything, I haven't added any extensions and I haven't changed any files, so it doesn't make sense to me.

And they tell me that if I want to keep my .htaccess intact to create an error.log file, but I don't see how an error.log file would solve the problem?

Does anyone have any idea what is causing all these 443 errors, I may be wrong but I have a feeling it's because my /image directory is not https anymore, am I right?

Sincerely,

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:00 am

If the case that .htaccess affects your domain configurations, such in cPanel, I would definitely switch host if your host is at the state to contact their supplier about those types of changes which should never occur.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am

@Straightlight

Thank you very much for your reply, that is sad because I've been with them for 9 years, but for the last 6 months their support is not like it used to.

They just replied again and the guy said that he had a look at my .htaccess and that there is many rules in it which can cause all those problem! After 3 years with the same file I am really not sure.

He also send me a copy of those errors that I am having now in the error.log:

[26-Apr-2021 06:47:54 Amérique/Montréal] Avertissement PHP : unlink(query_time.txt) : No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php on line 15
[26-Apr-2021 08:41:46 Amérique/Montréal] Avertissement PHP : unlink(query_time.txt) : No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php on line 15
Line 15 contain:

public function query($sql) {
		return $this->driver->query($sql);
But in my config files I have:

define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqliz');
Could this be the problem?

All those errors just start since about 2 weeks :(

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cleo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 pm

@Straightlight

Since you are also from Canada do you have any good web host to suggest?

That is sad having to switch to a new one because I never had any problem before and they were very responsive and helpful, and their reputation is very good when you search the web for Hosting, but things change I believe when you've been with them for to long.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Cleo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:51 am

2021-04-26 19:07:19.207196 [INFO] [32454] [T0] [77.75.79.95:23447#APVH_image.lesbricollesdecleo.com:443] File not found [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/image/error_404.php] 
2021-04-26 19:07:19.207172 [INFO] [32454] [T0] [77.75.79.95:23447#APVH_image.lesbricollesdecleo.com:443] File not found [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/image/index.php] 
I know nothing about programming but I googled and everything I found mentions that 443 errors have to do with port 443/SSL, unless I misunderstood.
Does anyone have any idea what is causing all these 443 errors, I may be wrong but I have a feeling it's because my /image directory is not https anymore, am I right?
They are not 443 errors. 443 is just the port used to connect. Which is correct for a secure connection. The reason is simple for the above two errors. A bot tried load /image/index.php and /image/error_404.php, which didn't exist.

As for your 500 errors. These are often a result of an error in you application code or htaccess. For your 503 errors. These can often mean that your server is overloaded. Maybe this was due to too many 500 errors or even a lot of requests from bots.

Cleo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 am

[26-Apr-2021 06:47:54 Amérique/Montréal] Avertissement PHP : unlink(query_time.txt) : No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php on line 15
[26-Apr-2021 08:41:46 Amérique/Montréal] Avertissement PHP : unlink(query_time.txt) : No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_library_db.php on line 15
Line 15 contain:

public function query($sql) {
 return $this->driver->query($sql);
But in my config files I have:

define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqliz');
Those errors look the result of some modification to your database code that has added a logging feature. Maybe this one. viewtopic.php?t=22048 You don't want that on a live server, only when doing testing as it could slow your site down.

From your config it also looks like you have an extension that has added a different database driver.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Cleo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:05 pm

@ADD Creative

Hello thank you very much for this explanation. I really appreciate.

For the xml file you pointed I don't believe that I have ever used that, but I know that one of the guy at support told me that he fixed one table in the database.

Do you think that all those problem could be easily fix?

I'm about to make a nervous breakdown now it's been going on for almost 2 weeks after they made a lot of "fix" that I didn't ask.

I just asked a question and they made all sort of fix everywhere :(

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cleo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:16 pm

@ADD Creative

You were right I had that xml file on my website, it's been there for such a long time that I don't remember if I put it there or if it's someone who fix something for me.

Anyway I just removed it.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:56 am

@Straightlight

Only one thing has been solved, but I will marked it like solved as you request.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Cleo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:05 pm
Do you think that all those problem could be easily fix?
The File not found errors are not something you can fix. It would just be a case of blocking bots by IP, user agent, firewall, etc. For the 500 errors it a case of tracking down what is causing them by looking in the PHP error or server error logs. For the 503 errors you probably need to rely on your host to look at.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Cleo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

@ADD Creative

Thank you again for the reply and explanation.

That's what I thought about the not found errors, because I have crawlproteck on my site and it's blocking the access to admin and image folder, and also spam containing the words I specified.
looking in the PHP error or server error logs

There is no error in back end and the error.log on public_html is empty, but errors under the red icon in Cpanel are showing again by miracle :) but they are only not found error, 403 error or index not activate for the image folder which I believe is ok.

For the 503 errors you probably need to rely on your host to look at
: They keep saying that it's a bad/wrong rule I have in my .htaccess without telling me which one it is. But it started about 2/3 weeks ago but it's an intermittent problem, so if it was a rule in my .htaccess the problem would be permanent and for a long time in my opinion

Two weeks ago after a two days battle with them about that error which the operators kept saying it was because of my .htaccess another guy finally told me "ok it was a problem with the server and it's fix now!"

Support emailed me again today:
However, I would like to inform you that your account is hosted in a shared server environment and for testing purposes we switched the server to Apache and then to Litespeed. Then we found that some errors started to generate in the site control panel that were not generated before.

The other account on the same server is not facing the same problem, so I would ask you to modify the .htaccess as it contains many rules that can cause this problem. I suggest you use a simplified version of the .htaccess file and check again.
So I believe that I will never get a better answer from them.
I will find/pay someone to look at my .htaccess file and find out what is wrong with it
Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0