Post by Cleo » Sun May 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Hum I found it but I'm not sure about doing it because of the warning:
Flush LSCache
Caution: This will clear the cache for all owned LSCache-enabled sites.
If you would like to flush LSCache for a single site, please do so through the administrator backend/dashboard for that site.
Will it clear the cache only for my sites or all the other site on the same server?
I am on a shared environment.

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)

Post by Cleo » Sun May 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Looks like I don't have choice and I need to find/hire someone to look at my .htaccess file to make sure because they keep saying I have a wrong rule in it but they won't tell me which one because they don't offer support for coding unless we pay for it, and their fees are $90.00 CDA for an hour, so of course they will say that it took them a lot of time and that there was something wrong in my file. :)

And with all the different answer I get from them I don't really trust them to play with my files. :(

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm

You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this issue investigated as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

@Straightlight

I thought about it but there is so many new users that I never heard of that I'm afraid to do so.
I already send a message to 2 of the long time member I know from the forum but didn't get a reply from them.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Sun May 02, 2021 8:37 pm

Cleo wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm
@Straightlight

I thought about it but there is so many new users that I never heard of that I'm afraid to do so.
I already send a message to 2 of the long time member I know from the forum but didn't get a reply from them.

Regards,

Cleo
If you're waiting until the weekend to ask for professional assistance, it is clearly that the rates of succession will be lowered.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 am

@Straightlight

I emailed the 1st one last Tuesday and the 2nd one on Friday, I know it's weekend for everyone and didn't say I was in a hurry to get a reply, I just said I didn't get a reply maybe I should have added "yet" but English is not my first language.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 7:15 pm

Cleo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 am
@Straightlight

I emailed the 1st one last Tuesday and the 2nd one on Friday, I know it's weekend for everyone and didn't say I was in a hurry to get a reply, I just said I didn't get a reply maybe I should have added "yet" but English is not my first language.

Regards,

Cleo
While Tuesdays, normally, a great developer providing good service should reply before Friday, Fridays rather means that a reasonable developer could still reply by Monday which has nothing to do with the first language in this scenario.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 7:31 pm

@Straightlight
I understand that First language has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't receive an answer, I just wanted to correct my mistake by adding that I should have written "I haven't received an answer yet" about the developer I contacted on Tuesday and that's why I contacted another one on Friday.

And mentioning that English is not my first language is mostly to excuse the fact that I often make mistakes when I write in English.

I hope that I am excuse :(

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Cleo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:31 pm
@Straightlight
I understand that First language has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't receive an answer, I just wanted to correct my mistake by adding that I should have written "I haven't received an answer yet" about the developer I contacted on Tuesday and that's why I contacted another one on Friday.

And mentioning that English is not my first language is mostly to excuse the fact that I often make mistakes when I write in English.

I hope that I am excuse :(

Regards,

Cleo
If no answers were provided on both ends since, then the best option would be for you to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this incident request resolved as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 7:42 pm

@Straightlight

I had a look at the commercial forum, I went through 3 pages and have read all the Posts/answers, all the developers who have made a comment I have never heard of them, I mean I have never seen them commenting or helping in other forums, so I have no idea who they are. Maybe they did comment in the 2.0 or 3.0 Forum but I only read the 1.5 one. And getting help from someone using TeamViewer/AnyDesk/etc. is not an option for me. There is only one that I know and I emailed him last night, so maybe I will get an answer.

Anyway I will mark this post as Solved and see if I get an answer from the second one I emailed.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Cleo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:42 pm
@Straightlight

I had a look at the commercial forum, I went through 3 pages and have read all the Posts/answers, all the developers who have made a comment I have never heard of them, I mean I have never seen them commenting or helping in other forums, so I have no idea who they are. Maybe they did comment in the 2.0 or 3.0 Forum but I only read the 1.5 one. And getting help from someone using TeamViewer/AnyDesk/etc. is not an option for me. There is only one that I know and I emailed him last night, so maybe I will get an answer.

Anyway I will mark this post as Solved and see if I get an answer from the second one I emailed.

Regards,

Cleo
Regarding Team viewer or remote software, please read this guideline as developers should also do the same: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=217176 . As for not knowing developers, considering the best one for the job is simply what it needs and what it takes.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 7:53 pm

the best one for the job is simply what it needs and what it takes.
How do you do that when you don't know the person? When you never saw the person answering/helping in the forum?

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 pm

Cleo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:53 pm
the best one for the job is simply what it needs and what it takes.
How do you do that when you don't know the person? When you never saw the person answering/helping in the forum?
The answer is already provided on the above. Yet, you keep asking. Which means, you do not only not taking time to create topics in the right locations, as per the forum rules and forum breadcrumbs, but you also don't take the time to read the response from forum supporters.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 8:17 pm

@straightlight

You are so denigrating, petty and unsympathetic in your responses that it's no wonder fewer and fewer people bother to post/comment/respond on the forums.

No matter what we write, comment on and where we do it, you always have a rebuke or reproach to make and always in a way that makes you feel superior.

If you want to have full power on the forums and be the only one to post and comment you might as well say so.

I never met a person as mean as you and hope I will never do.

I had stopped posting and replying until just recently because you made a really disparaging comment about not being able to update my site to the latest version because of the cost involved, even though other people had mentioned it, as I can see you haven't changed at all or rather yes you have but worse, you are the most condescending, overbearing, presumptuous, arrogant, impertinent person I ever seen.

I've read some of the comments/replies you've made to other people on the forums and I really don't understand why they let you continue like this.

Fortunately there are other more sympathetic people like ADD creative xxxVirusxxx to answer also in a more human way, otherwise there would be no one who would dare to ask a question.

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon May 03, 2021 8:22 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm
Regarding Team viewer or remote software, please read this guideline as developers should also do the same: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=217176 . As for not knowing developers, considering the best one for the job is simply what it needs and what it takes.
If programmers want to do harm, they can do so through FTP access.....

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:22 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm
If programmers want to do harm, they can do so through FTP access.....
Which is why, the forum only supports the product, not website security overall. While there is a forum section for Security & Server, we can only recommend the best option by experience or by source of information. Otherwise, it still requires access for people to solve other people's issues directly. However, FTP issues is not what the user is currently addressing on this incident request. He's requesting a custom task to be fulfilled.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 pm
He's requesting a custom task to be fulfilled.
Yes. And developers need FTP access, SSH access for server ( if is case)
I hate this forum because doesn't have an Upvote option for users, especially for developers.
Also on commercial section there are not many replies with: Job completed by X

@Cleo
Better post here....
viewforum.php?f=88

Or try to find a local developer/company.
Last edited by xxvirusxx on Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Cleo » Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 pm

xxvirusxx

Thank you for the suggestion but even if I post there he will have something to say :(

I think I will take your second suggestion instead that way I am sure he won't have anything to argue.

Regards,

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by straightlight » Mon May 03, 2021 8:41 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 pm
straightlight wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 pm
He's requesting a custom task to be fulfilled.
Yes. And developers need FTP access, SSH access for server ( if is case)
I hate this forum because doesn't have an Upvote option for users, especially for developers.
Also on commercial section there are not many replies with: Job completed by X

@Cleo
Better post here....
viewforum.php?f=88

Or try to find a local developer/company.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon May 03, 2021 8:41 pm

@Cleo

You can try to install a clean version for 2.3.0.2 for example in a folder then add that "security tutorial" to see if happens the same.
And if hosting company doesn't wanna help you for free or check, then change the hosting company.

Expert Member

Location - România