Post by PPPFF » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi, I know there are quite a few threads here that I've read, but my problem is a bit different. The customer receives an email upon registration, as well as upon changing the status of the order. Not receiving confirmation email on new order only.
I use opencart 1.5.6.4 version with Sellegance theme.

My mail settings:
Mail Protocol: Mail
Mail Parameters: Empty
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: orders@etop.bg
SMTP Password: pass of email
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Timeout: 5

From what I read on the other posts, I did the following with no success.
Checked:
1. in: catalog/model/checkout/order.php

find:

Code: Select all

$html = $template->fetch('default/template/checkout/mail/order.tpl');

change to:

Code: Select all

$html = $template->fetch('default/template/mail/order.tpl');

2. in order.php found openbay code and marked as note

3. Remove second new line in system/library/mail.php on line 97,

i.e. replace
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline . $this->newline;

with
$header .= 'Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="' . $boundary . '"' . $this->newline;
4. Download clear version of 1.5.6.4 and replace /catalog/language/english/mail/order.php

Unfortunately, none of the above methods helped. I contacted my hosting and after checking with them, they said there are no issues or records of such about them.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 am

A few thing to try.

Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs.
Set Mail Parameters to -f followed by your store's email address. Try with and without a space.
Try using SMTP by setting the Mail Protocol to SMTP.
Check your mail logs to see if the email reaches the MTA. In cPanel this is Track Delivery or ask your host.
Use an online email deliverability checker such as https://www.mail-tester.com/ to see how likely your emails will be treated as spam.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Harrys » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:33 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 am
A few thing to try.

Set Mail Parameters to -f followed by your store's email address. Try with and without a space.
Check your mail logs to see if the email reaches the MTA. In cPanel this is Track Delivery or ask your host.
Use an online email deliverability checker such as https://www.mail-tester.com/ to see how likely your emails will be treated as spam.
Unfortunately, none of this works for me. The strangest thing is that when I change the status of an order and check the customer to receive an email, then an email is sent. However, when a customer places a new order, they do not receive an email. The following error is recorded with each new order:
[08-Aug-2023 20:20:49 Europe/Sofia] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Customer in /home/hobbyrcb/public_html/etop.bg/system/library/customer.php on line 2
Please for your guesses

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:46 am

Harrys wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:33 am
ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 am
A few thing to try.

Unfortunately, none of this works for me. The strangest thing is that when I change the status of an order and check the customer to receive an email, then an email is sent. However, when a customer places a new order, they do not receive an email. The following error is recorded with each new order:
[08-Aug-2023 20:20:49 Europe/Sofia] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Customer in /home/hobbyrcb/public_html/etop.bg/system/library/customer.php on line 2
Please for your guesses
OC version. Do you also have extensions installed? More info is needed here.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON