Post by clearidea » Sun May 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to Open Cart and let me first say, WOW! What a fantastic customizable e-commerce solution. Very well done. Now on to my issue. I'm using OC as the commerce solution for one of my clients that has an Aroma Therapy supply business. For some of her products there are multiple "versions" ( for lack of a better word ) for some of the products. For example, Therapeutic Blends have the option to buy the entire blend package ( which includes all the oils and applicators and what not ) or you can just purchase the Stock oils that are used in the blend. I need to know if there is an extension that will allow me to create two separate products and list them under the same heading and have them both appear as option for purchase on the product detail page. So for example, for the Restless Leg Blend I need the product listed in the store to be "Restless Leg Blend" but on the detail page they need to be able to buy the entire kit or just the oils. I can customize the PHP to do this myself, but I wanted to check to see if there was a module or extension that will allow me to do this before I hacked in my own solution. Thanks and once again, Great Product!

Location - Sarasota, FL

Post by c2c » Sun May 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Just create a product and use the options tab to add or subtract from the price based on their selection. i.e. Add product "Restless Leg" for 100.00 and then create a product option called "Options" (or whatever). Create a value called "full Kit" and make the price adjustment "0.00". Then create another value under that same options called "oil only" and assign it a value of 50.00 but change the operator to the "-" sign. When the customer selects this product it will come up at the higher price with a drop menu to select oils only. If they select oils only it will add the item to the cart at 50.00 instead of 100. You really don't even need to add the option of full kit as long as the user knows that is what they are getting unless oils only is selected. Hope this helps.

c2c

Post by clearidea » Mon May 30, 2011 12:40 am

Yes it does. Thanks. I wasn't sure how the options worked. Thank you again for your help.

Location - Sarasota, FL

Post by Mohamed.Elgamal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 am

Thank You very much .. that was really helpfull