Post by Rickerby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 am

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if I am approaching this the right way, but I have had a client request the ability
to change the manufacturers section from a search section to a section that links to the manufacturers
websites.

They would ideally like to click on the brands link in the footer, see the list of manufacturers
in alphabetical order as usual, yet all the manufactures listed link to the manufacturers website
rather a page within the store.

Is this possible? Or should I be using another module or method to achieve this.
Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Using Opencart version 1.5.1.3

Post by labeshops » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:45 am

You would need a module, but I have to ask..why would you want to do this? It would be redirecting sales away from your store, especially if the manufacturer's site has a "where to buy" page as many of mine do. Makes it a lot easier for someone to buy from your competitor imo.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Rickerby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Thank you for the quick response labeshops. I should have mentioned that the stores he wants to link to in the brands area are other online stores the client has.

Post by labeshops » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:23 am

Ah, well that makes more sense then.

Honestly, I've seen other stores link to the manufacturer's sites and other than make it easier for me to find a compnay I might want to set up a wholesale account with, I could never figure out why.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA