Post by lashman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:31 am

Hi,
To show a coupon box at checkout
There was a vqmod xml file for OC 1.5.1 only, can anyone tell me if there is one for 1.5.1.3
Thanks,

Location - North Yorkshire

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 am

have you tried the vqmod for 1.5.1? it's likely that it will work

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by lashman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Jay6390,
Yes I did but it did not work. I ftp the xml file into my vqmod folder, I assume that is all you need to do.

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm

I haven't seen it myself, but generally if there's only an XML file that should be all that's needed. Can you link to the mod

Guru Member

Post by lashman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I am thinking it may to do with the theme I am using, there is "Featured" and "Latest" on the home page and I notice when you click the add to cart button it does not put the product in the Shopping Cart, but strangely if you have a product in your shopping basket before you click the add to cart buttons on the featured or latest it does add it to the shopping basket.
Last edited by lashman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 pm

hmm, add to cart doesn't do anything on the home page. I'd definitely get in touch with the theme developer. Make sure that when you switch to the default it works fine first though

Guru Member

Post by lashman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:07 am

Yes, When loading default theme everything works ok so it is the theme causing the problem.
Thanks for your help

Post by Jseweb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:31 am

Hi Can anyone help me with how I add the coupon feature to the checkout. I enabled the coupons and when I went to checkout it doesn't appear. No place to add the coupon code. Could you please tell me step by step. I read some of the responses but it was very confusing to me so far. I still cannot fugure it out. I think I have 1.5.1. How can I confirm? Thank you!

Post by jbblsb29 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:28 am

I have version 1.5.1 and mine will not show at the checkout either. No themes just default.

Post by james_bargainmarket » Sun May 13, 2012 2:28 am

This is a simple method to resolve the coupon problem , I have tried in VERSION 1.5.2.1, do not know if this works for others, but the files are same. >:D

Step 1: To remove link of checkout from shopping cart popup at top :joker:

Change the file in

/public_html/catalog/view/theme/yourtheme(default)/template/module/cart.tpl

Find line46:

<div class="checkout"><a href="<?php echo $cart; ?>"><?php echo $text_cart; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo $checkout; ?>"><?php echo $text_checkout; ?></a></div>

Remove

<div class="checkout"><a href="<?php echo $cart; ?>"><?php echo $text_cart; ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo $checkout; ?>"><?php echo $text_checkout; ?></a></div>

Put the file back, Keep backup of original file.

Step2: To change url of the checkout LINK in the header next to shopping cart.

Go and edit file

/public_html/catalog/view/theme/yourtheme(default)/template/common/header.tpl

Open in editor, txt, notwpadc++
Goto line 70 >:D

<div class="links"><a href="<?php echo $home; ?>"><?php echo $text_home; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $wishlist; ?>" id="wishlist-total"><?php echo $text_wishlist; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $account; ?>"><?php echo $text_account; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $shopping_cart; ?>"><?php echo $text_shopping_cart; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $checkout; ?>"><?php echo $text_checkout; ?></a></div>

Change it to

<div class="links"><a href="<?php echo $home; ?>"><?php echo $text_home; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $wishlist; ?>" id="wishlist-total"><?php echo $text_wishlist; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $account; ?>"><?php echo $text_account; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $shopping_cart; ?>"><?php echo $text_shopping_cart; ?></a><a href="<?php echo $shopping_cart; ?>"><?php echo $text_checkout; ?></a></div>

It is your choice if you want this option in the header and force the user to go through the shopping cart where they will have to put gift voucher and coupons etc.
Hope this resolves the issue of Coupons on checkout. You do not need to install anything, and issues of paypal not accepting your coupons is also resolved. I tried this on Version 1.5.2.1 , do not know about others. :laugh:

I have implemented in my own store so you can see it. It doesnot have issues like paypal standard not realizing about it
>:D
if you have any questions please visit http://www.bargainmarket.com.au to see the results. otherwise you can send me a question at info@bargainmarket.com.au O0

Visit http://www.bargainmarket.com.au, the best place to buy stuff online in Australia. Visit now and enjoy.

Location - Melbourne, Australia