Post by Mike Guenther » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I dont know how to explain it better than the subject line....

Whether I'm using the import/export mod or another mod that exports (order manager) to export data to an xls spreadsheet, the data comes out junk/garbled. I will attach a screenshot of this.

I have spoken to my host as this problem starting happening after a server switch, yet he is stumped as well. Here is the latest reply from him to me:
Mike,

I think you're going to have to work with the developer on this one. If they can set up a test script I can run independently then maybe I can find out more but as far as I can tell everything they need is installed and working on this end. Note the following...

http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet ... r/download shows;
Dependencies:
PHP Version: PHP 4.1.0 or newer
PEAR Package: PEAR Installer 1.4.0b1 or newer
PEAR Package: OLE 0.5 or newer

Notice the pear site indicates 'or newer'. I'm on 'or newer'.

I'm on PEAR Version: 1.9.4
Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer 0.9.3 beta
OLE 1.0.0RC2 beta

OLE and Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer were both last updated 1/26/2012, BETA. They also both show they're not currently being maintained. Before that Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer was updated in 2009 and OLE in 2008, both also BETA.

Other people have the garbled issue and one person even said in 2010 they believed PEAR was planning on deprecating Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer. https://www.google.com/search?q=pear+Sp ... 63&bih=896

I'll help the developer wherever I can, but I've spent many hours trying to solve this issue and the only thing left is it has to be a bug or outdated nature of the Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer module. There were some changes on the server when we upgraded which killed an old Perl shopping cart. Isn't any way for me to fix it unfortunately. When you're dealing with old (old {old [old]}) code eventually it will not work. It's just like when you update Windows. Printer drivers don't work. Other software glitches. I was on Windows 7 with Quickbooks Pro 2009... not that old you'd think, but QBP 2009 had issues on Win7.

I do have something which might help until they update or can tell me how to correct. Start Excel. I've on Excel 10. Open file. Select 'Open and Repair' (instead of just 'open). Select 'Extract Data'. Select 'recover formulas'. That will get you the data of the order. It'll be raw data but you'll be able to see it.

Thanks...
Digipark Support
I am really at a loss here. This is absolutely IMPERATIVE I get this fixed-otherwise my site is pretty much broke.

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

MG

Attachments

ss.jpg

ss.jpg (309.38 KiB) Viewed 542 times

Post by merry » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:00 am

Mike Guenther wrote:I dont know how to explain it better than the subject line....

Whether I'm using the import/export mod or another mod that exports (order manager) to export data to an xls spreadsheet, the data comes out junk/garbled. I will attach a screenshot of this.

...I am really at a loss here. This is absolutely IMPERATIVE I get this fixed-otherwise my site is pretty much broke.

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

MG
Mike,

Have you tried importing to a DIFFERENT PC and get the identical result? This would rule out any Excel issues on your computer.

If so, all I can guess is that the download file is corrupt. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by Mike Guenther » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes, I have tried it on various computers. Same issue.

Post by menorcarob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

try using "open office" it worked for me, somehow exell did not like the file

Post by Mike Guenther » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 pm

I tried Open Office....same problem.

Post by menorcarob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 pm

if you go to PHPMYADMIN select the database, then select the table, at the top is export, this will download the file in whatever format you choose

Post by Mike Guenther » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Well, I would really like to be able to get this working the way it was. I already have a workaround (using open and repair in Excel) that I can get it to work. It just takes a few more steps.

Post by menorcarob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 pm

if you contact the mod developer they may have the answer

Post by Mike Guenther » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:08 pm

I did. No answers.

Post by menorcarob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 pm

we used this mans mod, and the help was very very good mhccorp.com and that was for a free mod
Last edited by menorcarob on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Mike Guenther » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 pm

I appreciate the heads up!

Post by insurgus » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Exact problem after an upgrade. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?