Post by turbotoys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:50 am

I sell small bottles of paint and when I print out the invoice to pick the items out of inventory they are all scrambled by the order they pick them off of my site - a real pita if they order 30 different colors.

I want to be able to print out the invoice and have the products sorted by model.

Anyone know of any extensions that does this or a way to add this manually to the order_invoice.tpl ?

Post by enk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:55 am

I'm curious too! It sure would make life easier and less prone to making errors.

enk

Post by mwd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:10 am

Almost a year now with no luck?

Every search I've tried comes up blank on this subject... no suggestions, extensions, or anything.

We sell little bottles similar to the OP with about 400 different variety/names/model numbers on alphabetically ordered warehouse shelves, and it's a PITA that customers skip all around the alphabet picking a few hundred products at a time.
It makes pulling orders a nightmare.
Pull a bottle from the "A" section, go pull a bottle from the "T" section, then go back and pull a different bottle from the "A" section... back and forth from the front of the warehouse to the back, over and over again just to fill one 3-4 page long invoice.

If only the invoice sorted by model #, item #, or name, instead of the random way customers add things to their basket, then our order puller could get all the "A" products in one shot, then all the "B" products, etc.

Has anyone come up with any ideas to fix this, or know what it would take for a developer to implement this?
We're about to double the number of products/warehouse shelves we have and I don't even want to think about how many extra miles of unnecessary walking this is going to make in a day.
Anyone?

Use it? Like it? Want to support it but don't know how? Send a donation to show your appreciation.
Daniel's PayPal address - donate@opencart.com
Qphoria's Paypal address - qphoria@gmail.com

mwd

Post by mwd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am

Wow! Talk about "Ask and you shall receive"!

Thank you so much!
Instead of retyping, I'll just paste my order comment on this little gem:
This is without a doubt the best $10 I have spent on a mod yet.
You've just saved me a lot of time walking back and forth in the warehouse pulling each order.
Since my model numbers start with the product type then the name, I only have to go to each section and pull everything in alphebetical order one time instead of 17 trips between the same damn shelves over and over again for each order.
If you were here I'd kiss you!... ok, maybe not, but I'd definitely like to shake your hand.
Yes, I'm that happy right now. :banana:

Use it? Like it? Want to support it but don't know how? Send a donation to show your appreciation.
Daniel's PayPal address - donate@opencart.com
Qphoria's Paypal address - qphoria@gmail.com

mwd

Post by gtoc » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:31 am

Hi, I am after this feature however the link no longer works and I can't find the extension...can someone help find it or what code I can change.

Thanks

Post by hawk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:35 am

Hi mwd,
Can you introduce which mod you bought ? I need the same function to pick products in the invoice order.
Thanks for your help.

Post by cmcclure » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:15 pm

I am also Interested in having the invoice sorted. I have tried to use the following code to solve this however the code may be incorrect or possible the location on where to stick this code is wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vqmod:

<modification>
<id><![CDATA[Sort Invoice]]></id>
<file name="admin/controller/sale/order.php">
<operation>
<search position="after" offset="2"><![CDATA['reward' => $product['reward']]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[usort($data['order_products'], function($a, $b) { return strcmp($a['model'] - $b['model'];} );

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
</modification>

Post by gtoc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi cmcclure, did you get this code to work?

Post by anniewilliams » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi does anyone have an extension for this? We have the same issue and could do with the invoices being sorted by model number.
Thanks

Post by cmcclure » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am

SOLVED:
I went back to trying to solve this problem and I thought others would have liked to see the solution I got. Turns out I was looking at it the wrong way and instead of trying to sort the invoice the solution was to sort the cart as they were added. From that I was able to find this extension for $20 that works perfectly for what were were looking for. Hope this gets to the people who have been looking for this for a long time.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=26855