Post by kevung » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:00 am

Sorry stonerise farm, the solution didn't work =( any other solutions?

Post by jkkumar » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi,

OC 3.0.3.7 / hosted on shared hosting / site under customisation / safari browser with latest OS & patches applied.

I was facing a similar issue wherein a popup window with text "error" appeared on checkout page especially when I click on delivery address section and payment section on pressing the "continue" button. When I click on continue button again, it used to worked as expected, but error window popped up in the 1st instance.

After reviewed all information available in the threads in this forum, based on some suggestions, I was hesitant to make code level changes where recommended (as there is always a chance of breaking something else in the SW product, unless I possess technical skills to diagnose and fix) .

Offlate after some thoughts, I realised that as the site was under development, I was using the Safari Private Window option for browsing the website as a customer as the site was under development and it was easy for page refresh to occur / reload page from server instead of clearing browser cache every time / close and reopen the browser in private mode to continue the testing so that the normal browsing window is used for admin login to manage the customisation activities. (adopted this method as there was a recommendation in this forum, but don't recall that thread now).

When I tested using normal browser features (without using private browsing mode or incognito mode), All features on checkout page worked as expected flawlessly. I believe this is due to the fact, the way private browsing and regular browsing mode works. This could be a factor to be considered when issues are encountered.

Personally, in my view, in principle, any error message instances will keep customers away as they think either the product is buggy or services are poor, or not a reliable or legitimate website.

I have also incorporated the other recommendations suggested in this and other threads where ever possible and straightforward in nature (php settings, .htaccess settings, config file settings, etc).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
K Kumar.

I am new to opencart, learning on the job, (was a 4GL IT Pro). Configuration, SW environment, existing modules, known issues, product version(s), context, scenario, test data, expected and deviated results, test methods and scenarios, network and bandwidth stability, et alia influences the solution or a problem.