Post by clapiana » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 pm

currently i have 200 products created in OC and all of them have the same product description but each has a unique product id. to create the product pages i simply did a cut and paste into each product description. not a good ;( solution. i just found a typo and now i need to revisit every page. is it possible to have the product page display the same product description which is managed by a single file? a pointer or tag inserted into the page etc? i am running 1541

Post by victorj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 pm

out of the box that is not possible.

you can however adjust your product databse that when you ad a product, the correct product description is already inserted.
other possibility is to create a product and kopie it from the product overvieuw page

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by clapiana » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

making a copy of the product is very easy and oc makes this easy. my issue is when i need to update the product description now i have to do every record one at a time. i think my only option is to export the products do an update offline and then upload ??

Post by labeshops » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 am

If that is the only product you sell, you could ignore the product description box and put the description directly in your product.tpl template.

Btw, for SEO reasons, having the exact same description on 200+ products isn't the best. Google will see it as duplicate content and will index you low - if at all.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA