Post by ckpepper02 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:14 am

Hello All,

After just about completing the online store for my client, they want to move their site to another hosting provider. Is there anyway I can copy the files and change the database settings manually without doing another install? Reason I DO NOT want to re-install is because I have made MANY changes to the basic installation and added a bunch of mods per the client's request. This would be a massive headache for me.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Post by dbstr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:21 am

The only files you should need to edit would be the 2 config files (config.php and admin/config.php)

I suppose you know how to backup your database and stuff like that

Request Reviews v1.0 released.

Post by ckpepper02 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 am

Ok, thank you!

Yes, I did back up my db, and setup a new one on the new server with the sql file.

Post by ckpepper02 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 am

dbstr wrote:The only files you should need to edit would be the 2 config files (config.php and admin/config.php)

I suppose you know how to backup your database and stuff like that
OK! That worked! Thanks again!

For anyone needing to do something similar here is what I did.

1. After setting up the new database with a backup of the old, I moved all the files for my store to the new webserver. Then I opened the install directory in my browser (as if I were going to re-install it). DO NOT PROCEED TO INSTALL. I used this to get the directories of the new webserver.

2. On the first page of the installation "Step1-Pre-installation" take note of the directories "no. 4" towards the bottom.

3. Copy the directory structure like: /rootfolder/somefolder/anotherfolder/store/cache/

4. Paste it into the config file where it is defining the directories:
define('DIR_APPLICATION', '/rootfolder/somefolder/anotherfolder/store/admin/');

5. Repeat for each line.

6. Change the HTTP information in each header as appropriate for your new server.
From: define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.oldserver.com/store/admin/');
To: define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.newserver.com/store/admin/');

7. Change the Database info as appropriate for your newly created database.

Hope this helps someone!

Post by sully210 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Using version 1.4.9.4. I have heavily modified the Opencart installation to be an online ordering engine for restaurants. I now want to take the installation and install it in other directories while simply changing the database credentials so I can have the modified site in another directory for another restaurant and all I have to do is change the products, store name, etc. I have set up a new database, imported the database I used for the original site and modified the config.php and admin>config.php files. I can get to the admin panel but when I try to view the store front http://www.mytogo.co/Mystic_Pizza/I get this message:

Warning: require_once(/home/mytogo/public_html/Mystic_Pizzasystem/startup.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mytogo/public_html/Mystic_Pizza/index.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mytogo/public_html/Mystic_Pizzasystem/startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/mytogo/public_html/Mystic_Pizza/index.php on line 15

I do not have an install directory in my files? Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thank you :)

Thank you,
Sully :)

Location - USA

Post by buzzypad » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 am

Hi
I am trying to do the same thing using opencart to create a pizza menu website for a client, I wonder if you could tell me how to add pizza prices and sizes as you did in your sample. http://www.mytogo.co/Mystic_Pizza/

Because using opencart's original options I can add pizzas with Add To Cart button and that is not working in this case as it shows options as M +£2 L +£4 XL +£6 but I want to do it as you did 3 separate prices for each size and so on and the little pop up to add prices.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Post by sully210 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Sorry, Just got back to this post. I hired a freelancer to do the work. I added a bunch of mods and custom extensions to make the site what I wanted to do. The guy took forever and I did a good bit of the work myself. It cost me $750 at freelancer.com. I am working on further functionality that will be perfect and I will let you know what I get to.

Thank you,
Sully :)

Location - USA

Post by SapporoGuy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:12 pm

@ sully210
errors: look at ckpepper's answer

@ freelancer
Surprised you didn't post here ;)

930sc ... because it is fun!