Post by brian47374 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I love Opencart but there are two things that I do not get that are not part of OC. First is the product cost. I would think that just about everyone who conducts business with OC would want to know their product costs and profits. Why would this need to be an “extension”?

Also, why have “Pre-order” and not “Backorder” and people be able to order backorders. Again, this is simple business practices that many businesses would use.

Yeah, I’ve checked this post out but it doesn’t really seem to address the issue in my opinion.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=215864&p=775597&hi ... er#p775597

Post by Quino » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Why would this need to be an “extension”?
oh, the horror.

OC is a general purpose e-commerce platform which caters to many kind of businesses.

My opinion is the opposite, I believe OC has default functionality which should have been made only as extensions.
Related products, affiliates, returns, pre-orders, re-orders, vouchers, customer credit, downloads, recurring profiles,etc.
All functionality which some shops need and others don't.

Post by jrr » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:25 am

brian47374 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm
I love Opencart but there are two things that I do not get that are not part of OC. First is the product cost. I would think that just about everyone who conducts business with OC would want to know their product costs and profits. Why would this need to be an “extension”?

Also, why have “Pre-order” and not “Backorder” and people be able to order backorders. Again, this is simple business practices that many businesses would use.

Yeah, I’ve checked this post out but it doesn’t really seem to address the issue in my opinion.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=215864&p=775597&hi ... er#p775597
I am looking for the same thing - product cost - as a hidden field (customers) but add to it Supplier. It looks like another extension is in order. OR it might be easier to build a separate dBase that connects to the web site and contains the added things you don't want the customers to see. LibreOffice Base can do that, but it is a bit klunky to work with.

jrr

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:23 am

brian47374 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm
Why not just create a product status of "backorder"?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member