Post by WaxedPerfection » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello,

I have noticed if you type a word in the QTY field like "test" could be any word and hit add to cart you get "Success: You have added (product) to your shopping cart!", I have a feeling this should be numeric only or at least follow wording like one, two, three, four, five, six, seven etc etc

I did look on Github and here + a little google search and nothing really solid in the way of of a fix, maybe for for @straightlight

Out the Box Fresh, Default Theme, 3.0.2.0 Store

Thank you

( I did find this little xml file that only allow numbers in the QTY field - viewtopic.php?t=203629 as a stop gap if anyone else had the same problem)

https://www.waxedperfection.co.uk/ Car Detailing Product Blog's and Review's

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:44 pm

I did look on Github and here + a little google search and nothing really solid in the way of of a fix, maybe for for @straightlight
What does that explain? You are pointed somebody without even providing the details regarding the incident you are reporting about thinking it has no way to be resolved rather asking how these fixes works. Not a technology issue; topic reported!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by WaxedPerfection » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:03 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:44 pm
What does that explain? You are pointed somebody without even providing the details regarding the incident you are reporting about thinking it has no way to be resolved rather asking how these fixes works. Not a technology issue; topic reported!
It explains that i did look around before going to post to see if the issue had been reported previously but to no outcome with a real fix rather than the XML file i found and linked to.

We are all here to work with opencart and your knowledge of the system is outstanding for posting fixes and I pointed to you as it maybe something you have seen previously and was able to help, if by doing so has offended you, I do apologise.

Not a technology issue; topic reported! ?? When OC does operate as it should surly this is a "technology issue".

Back on topic, I do feel this is a BUG and will need addressing so I was hoping for some assistance, if not from you from someone else.

Post by OSWorX » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 am

@WaxedPerfection: you did nothing wrong - forget about the rest.
A solution for this?

Submitting a text instead of a value, what is the result > 1 piece is added?
Which means, the product is added because the value is internally converted.

Not really a bug, more a cosmetic issuse - what do you think?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by WaxedPerfection » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 am

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 am
@WaxedPerfection: you did nothing wrong - forget about the rest.
A solution for this?

Which means, the product is added because the value is internally converted.

Not really a bug, more a cosmetic issuse - what do you think?
Thank you I really did think i had offended straightlight as it read as quite blunt!

Yes on a product page if you over type the QTY 1 for example with a word like "text" you get the message "Success: You have added (product) to your shopping cart!" but nothing is added to the cart, i do think it should be only numeric values that should be allowed in the QTY field.

Which means, the product is added because the value is internally converted. >> OK i get this. But ( See below)

Not really a bug, more a cosmetic issues - what do you think? >> Yes and No, Yes from our point of view as OC store owner, but from a customer point of view who doesn’t know any better, no its a bug to them, i do look at it from a customer experience point of view, I like to look at it from if i was shopping on Ralph Lauren's website would it happen there? I would hope not and this make the customer experience more enjoyable and will attract a return customer rather than having an abandoned cart.

Thank you for your sound replay and offering help to a fellow OC user.

Post by WaxedPerfection » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:01 am

Little more digging around and it seems to have been reported here and on guthib - I hope this helps

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=203629&p=720891#p720891
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=203645#p720892
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=203652&p=720910#p720910

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/6588
straightlight commented on 14 Apr 2018
A bug fix has been discovered for the product quantity box in the product detail page: