Post by Maina_R » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi All,

I have been testing my check-out page and after payment I do not receive an confirmation e-mail in my inbox, while in the back-end it says: Customer notified: Yes.

The same goes for manually adding statuses. e.g.: I give a status complete with a short message in it and it says Customer notified yes, but I did not receive an e-mail.

Does anyone know how this is possible?

Post by letxobnav » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:39 pm

well,
first double check if the emails are really not received, spam box perhaps?

second, double check if the emails are really send.
you can do that by changing the normal statements in the mail class:

system/library/mail/mail.php

Code: Select all

if ($this->parameter) {
			mail($to, '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->subject) . '?=', $message, $header, $this->parameter);
		} else {
			mail($to, '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->subject) . '?=', $message, $header);
		}
into

if ($this->parameter) {
			return mail($to, '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->subject) . '?=', $message, $header, $this->parameter);
		} else {
			return mail($to, '=?UTF-8?B?' . base64_encode($this->subject) . '?=', $message, $header);
		}
which will at least return the result of the email operation.

Then in those controllers which trigger the various emails like catalog/controller/mail/order.php via:

$mail->send();
use

$mail_result = $mail->send();
if (!$mail_result) $this->log->write('ERROR Order '.$order_info['order_id'].' Email NOT send to '.$order_info['email']);
which will tell you in the oc error log when send was not successful.

please not:
It is important to note that just because the mail was accepted for delivery, it does NOT mean the mail will actually reach the intended destination.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Maina_R » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi letxobnav,

Thanks for the tips.
Adjusted it and now it's confirmed to me, the e-mail has not been sent to me. However I receive a message in my own business inbox with the update that supposed to be send to the customers e-mail. the weird part is: The recipient in the e-mail is actually stated as the e-mail address where it should go

2019-06-01 10:57:35 - ERROR Order 6 Email NOT send to ***oine@gmail.com
2019-06-01 10:57:57 - ERROR Order 6 Email NOT send to ***oine@gmail.com

If only I knew how to solve this. Hopefully you can help me out!

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:52 pm

This solution should be added in the core. In this context, it means that the admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > Mail tab form is not configured properly (it can also be misconfigured at the bottom of that page). Also ensure that your admin - > extensions - > events page has the order notification mail event enabled (and should have more than 30 listed events on that page).

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON