Post by jonagoldapple » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:36 am

I've added a custom field (business register number) for affiliates.

When the affiliate fills in this number and saves it, the field input does not get saved. In admin panel this field remains empty aswell.

When I personally fill out this field in admin > customers > customers > [customer name] > affiliate it actually does get saved! But it does not show in the front end. It seems that communication about the custom field between the back-end and front-end is broken or something.

OC 3.0.3.2 (default store theme)
PHP 7.2.10

Post by jonagoldapple » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:19 pm

It happens when a user fills in a custom field that I have created using Admin > Customers > Custom fields for customer or affiliate registering. The weird thing is that all field input does get saved in the admin panel but not in the front end user account settings.

Post by jonagoldapple » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:11 am

I'm starting to think this a bug. Haven't changed anything regarding input fields on the website because I was advised not to. This would mess with the PHP form validation. Custom field input just won't get saved to the user account but it does get saved to the admin panel.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:35 am

jonagoldapple wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:11 am
I'm starting to think this a bug. Haven't changed anything regarding input fields on the website because I was advised not to. This would mess with the PHP form validation. Custom field input just won't get saved to the user account but it does get saved to the admin panel.
I tested this theory on a custom job with a client yesterday. The issue could not be reproduced on Opencart v3.0.3.2 release. As explained on Github Opencart, on my behalf, this issue might be caused by an email sent error message or by an event: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... -592063365 . However, see if the following fixes do resolves the issue with the custom fields (first part): https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 59b7a6c1c4 .

Then, disable the validation from your OC admin custom fields page and see if you're able to post the form accordingly with your custom fields.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON