Post by FnF » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:51 am

Is it safe to assume at this point that Opencart 3.X versions will not be using a functioning Image Manager?
I have scoured the web for days and tried endless home remedies, countless code snippet rewrites, file swaps, different browsers, Uninstall/reinstall, and even tried several vaccines from github. Nothing seems to make the image manager work like it should. Users still have to log out and back in again to see any new image uploads or deletes.
The forum is riddled with people begging for a solution for months, and some of the replies simply point to the OC documentation which give no advice or instruction regarding any part of this issue. In fact OC users are now standing in line at the marketplace desperately searching and studying replacement image managers from 3rd parties in order to regain control of their opencart media.
I run my own server and have several 3.0 installs...all the way up to 3.0.3.7 which ALL HAVE failed image managers since going to PHP 7.3. Some of these installs have ZERO mods installed. I simply created for testing these goose chase remedies for a non functioning image manager.
If PHP 7.3 is the actual cause, is there going to be a fix or are people seriously expected to drop back to 5.6? A depreciated version of PHP? Or simply run "unhardened" php?
If it has nothing to do with the latest PHP version, why is a solution being skirted? It's almost like no one knows why this is happening. But new OC version keep hitting the download page with the same issues.

FnF

Post by sw!tch » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:04 am

Sounds like you have cache issues. See here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737358

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by mikeinterserv » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:30 am

FnF wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:51 am
Is it safe to assume at this point that Opencart 3.X versions will not be using a functioning Image Manager?
I would be happy to give you 2 logins to sites running 3.0.3.2 and 3.0.3.6 with absolutely no problems at all with image manager.
Both php 7.3 and php 7.4 are absolutely fine and both sites ran on the former and are now on the latter. NO fixes were ever applied

Location - Wales

Post by FnF » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 am

That wouldn't be necessary mikeinterserv but I do appreciate the offer. I dont have any doubts that there are some users that are having zero cache issues with the 3.0 image manager. I know there are very few but they do exist, yes.
It's clearly an issue for the majority though.

sw!tch...that WORKED LIKE A CHARM on every install I have in 3.X versions. Cant thank you enough. Very Very much appreciated. Wishing there was a way to repay you.
Another user on that linked topic explained the issue very clearly. I'm just surprised that OC doesnt implement the fix.
"Nothing to do with server-specifics. Any PHP application that uses sessions will need to control what a web browser can cache. That's why if you use the native PHP sessions, PHP will do this for you. OpenCart version 3 onwards implements its own sessions and fails to control what a web browser caches, so web browsers are free to cache any response they want to, leading to problems."

FnF

Post by FnF » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:58 am

sw!tch thanks again for that;
sw!tch wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:04 am
Sounds like you have cache issues. See here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737358

FnF

Post by Pamella » Sun May 09, 2021 6:42 am

Hi, it seems it still true with 3.0.3.7 demo version !

https://demo.opencart.com/admin/index.p ... ool/upload

OC 3.0.3.7 EN (default theme) running on PHP 7.3 MariaDB 10.3 Linux / Apache 2.4