Post by garyw75 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:10 pm

I know this isn't a core code bug but Opencart wrote this module and PayPal are actively giving it to my clients to install when they open a merchant account as the go to replacement for the Paypal Pro extension thats preinstalled.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rch=paypal

As per all the comments on the extensions page from people that have highlighted this same issue - the product page button method does not work quite right.

The issue:-
If a product has options and the customer doesn't select something. One of two things happen depending on which browser you are using. The pop up window is forcibly closed in Chrome and Edge instantly with no indication of why. In Brave and Firefox the pop up window loads with no content and the error message is behind the window. All in all its confusing people.

Image 1
Product needs an option selected

Image2
No option selected. Clicking Paypal opens the payment window and displays nothing.

Image3
Close the window, then you see the error behind

On a mobile phone it just looks like nothing is working. Obviously this is a massive problem as most people are using mobile devices to shop these days and will drop out thinking it is not working.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:39 pm

garyw75 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:10 pm
I know this isn't a core code bug but Opencart wrote this module and PayPal are actively giving it to my clients to install when they open a merchant account as the go to replacement for the Paypal Pro extension thats preinstalled.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rch=paypal

As per all the comments on the extensions page from people that have highlighted this same issue - the product page button method does not work quite right.

The issue:-
If a product has options and the customer doesn't select something. One of two things happen depending on which browser you are using. The pop up window is forcibly closed in Chrome and Edge instantly with no indication of why. In Brave and Firefox the pop up window loads with no content and the error message is behind the window. All in all its confusing people.

Image 1
Product needs an option selected

Image2
No option selected. Clicking Paypal opens the payment window and displays nothing.

Image3
Close the window, then you see the error behind

On a mobile phone it just looks like nothing is working. Obviously this is a massive problem as most people are using mobile devices to shop these days and will drop out thinking it is not working.

Thanks
Then, you'd need to contact the extension developer to resolve this issue. In the mean time, since it's not a core bug, you are posting in the wrong forum section.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by garyw75 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm

Opencart wrote this module and PayPal are actively giving it to my clients
Last edited by garyw75 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:47 pm

garyw75 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm
Opencart wrote this module and PayPal are actively giving it to my clients
That is correct. Which is why, the official extension is also published on the Marketplace with updated packages as opposed to the ones rarely re-published from the core. Which is why, I would suggest to use the publication from the Marketplace for more up-to-date releases of this extension.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by garyw75 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 pm

We are installing the one from the marketplace on Paypals instructions and this one has the problem.

So where should I post this so Opencart are aware of the problem and work towards making a better package for everyone as clearly they have been ignoring the comments that have highlighted the issue weeks ago on the extension page

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:19 pm

garyw75 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 pm
We are installing the one from the marketplace on Paypals instructions and this one has the problem.

So where should I post this so Opencart are aware of the problem and work towards making a better package for everyone as clearly they have been ignoring the comments that have highlighted the issue weeks ago on the extension page
On the Github Repository > Issues tab and use their template.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON