Post by doGnation1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 pm

OC 3.0 seems pretty new.....i just downloaded it 3 days ago...seems to have many issues.

Would you suggest me using 2.?? or stay with 3.0

thanks

chris

Post by Johnathan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:55 pm

If you want to start a store immediately, I'd go with 2.3.0.2. I usually recommend waiting until a new version has been out for a few months (and stable for a few months) before trying to use it for a live store. If you *really* like some of the new features in 3.0 then you could go with it, but like you say, you'd need to look around for the bugfixes for any reported bugs.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by labeshops » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 pm

I agree it depends on how quickly you want your store running. Personally, if I were creating a new store, I would go with 3 and take my time to develop it the way I want it to be before launching it (I am actually doing this in a test environment behind my working 2.2 stores). As Johnathan said, it will take a few months for a new version to be totally debugged but if you use this time to develop your store, it could be a benefit.

I also never suggest rushing into adding extensions until you have fully tested and worked with the core product for a while (I bought a ton at first I never use), so this could be a benefit too. The ones ported or created for a new version first are usually the ones that are most popular so it gives you a good start.

But if you need your store up and running and making money fast, go with 2.3.0.2. It will just be harder to update it to v3 when you want to do that.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by nudylady » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

great post. this post should be pinned.