Post by hoodleehoo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:30 am

I started the topic below about my accidentally changing one of the user passwords that opencart uses. I can't reply to it!

Going into my host database manager I accidentally changed the password for the "user" that opencart uses to access the database (the user and database have the exact same name). So now opencart won't work. I can't change the password back because I do not know what the password used to be. I need to somehow find out what password opencart is using to access the database so that I can change the user password back to that.

If I can't, our website is ruined and I have no way of fixing it. We are a non-profit feeding orphans in Sierra Leone so this would be absolutely devastating!!! Isn't there some script or something in the file manager somewhere I can view that will tell me how it is trying to connect?

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:53 pm

you can leave the salt field blank in the database, and enter "e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e" into the password field. Head over to the admin, and use "123456" as the password (without quotes).

Guru Member

Location - Singapore