Post by Martin747 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:09 am

I would like to delete the email form that's in the contact us page by default, and just list my email address there. I also want to type in some more info on that page.
How do I change that? Which file do I change in version 3.0?
I have tried to delete the form or comment it out in
\catalog\view\theme\<<your theme's name>>\template\information\contact.twigg
but it was still there.
Thanks

Post by sputnik-1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Martin,

I've just removed this OK on OC 3.0.1.2 development version on localhost.

Have you turned off the cache in the Dashboard?

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------                                                        
How to refresh or turn off the cache in OC 3.0.1.2                                                             
-------------------------------------------------------                                                        

Login to opencart as admin user.                                                                               

Go to Dashboard and click on the blue cog at the top RHS of the page.                                          

Under Developer Settings                                                                                       

To refresh the cache for Theme or SASS components, click on the                                                
orange 'Refresh' button. This should rebuild the cache to make any                                             
recent changes show in OpenCart.                                                                               

"Success: You have cleared the theme cache!"                                                                   
"Success: You have cleared the SASS cache!"                                                                    

To permanently turn off the cache for Theme or SASS components in                                              
developer mode, click on the red 'Off' button for each component, and                                          
then the orange 'Refresh' button.                                                                              

"Success: You have modified developer settings!"                                                               

This should disable the cache completely so any changes to themes or SASS                                      
components show immediately in OpenCart. 

HTH

Keith