Post by LoveMortuus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello,
My customer has about 5 levels of categories, meaning that their category tree is something like this:

category
-subcategory
--sub-subcategory
---sub-sub-subcategory
----sub-sub-sub-subcategory
-----sub-sub-sub-sub-subcategory

I would like to know, how to make it so that when you go into the main (or any category or subcategory) category you can always see the whole category tree, so that you can jump to the 5th level without having to crawl through all other categories?

I've been trying to add recursion into the controller/module/category.php and into view/module/category.twig, but I haven't managed to figure it out...

So, if anyone knows or has done this themselves, please do tell me, because I'm lost and spending a lot of time on something that should just be an option in the settings...
Thanks,

Best regards,
LoveMortuus
Last edited by LoveMortuus on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 am

There might be multiple extensions offering these. Ensure to read the comments and to pay attention to the ratings on the extension(s) you may choose: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =unlimited categories

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LoveMortuus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm

It's quite sad to see, that opencart 3.x seems so dead, I managed to find only one, that does a bit of what I need...
For people having the same problem as me, here's the only one that I found:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=49