Post by computerbar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 am

hey all
I am adding sorting to my table that I have created in category description following the instruction here https://kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Download the Javascript library
Include the Javascript library, by putting a link to it in the HEAD of your page, like so:
<script src="sorttable.js"></script>
Mark your table as a sortable one by giving it a class of "sortable":
<table class="sortable"> when I add class="sortable" to table and save it doesn't save it.

I have added the js to head.

Is the class tag not allowed in category description? how I can make it work I had the table sorter. any other way or mod available?
thanks

new installation 3.0.2

O-O

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:51 am

As per the documentation you provided, it requires Ajax to be added. in this case, in the category page, in order to pass the parameters to PHP so to save the values that you are sending.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by computerbar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

@Straightlight,
I only see in instruction to load the sorttable.js that I confirm is loaded via viewpagesorce. I believed it would load the required Ajax itself.
Any help on how to add Ajax to category page?
thanks

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Since the category description is using the summernote feature, you'd need to add this class in the admin/view/javascript/summernote JS files in order for summernote to respond to your click event when importing the designed table. There might be other features on the marketplace that you could use rather than manually work into this kind of project.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON