Post by Sjonnie2017 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to activate reCAPTCHA on my site and having trouble getting it to work. I keep getting:

Error for site owner: Invalid Keytype.

I have registered the shop owners e-mail address (name@mydomain.com) with Google and generated the site key and secret key succesfully for the domain and the owner.
I entered these keys in the reCAPTCHA extension and set the extension active. I also activated reCAPTCHA in the shop options and checked all the boxes underneath it.
I checked the PHP settings with my hoster and allow_url_fopen is on. This is also the case in the php.ini in my site.

I even tried to remove the keys and generate new keys. The problems is still there.

Any help greatly appreciated because all the fake orders / messages I receive drive me nuts ;)

Greetz,

Sjonnie

EDIT: I checked the logs (System -> Maintenance -> Error logs) and found no errors concerning reCAPTCHA

EDIT2: FWIW: the site is using PHP 5.6

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Hard to say without looking, you could post a paid support job in the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Sjonnie2017 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply!

What do you want to look at? Do you want to have access to the admin panel or would it be enough to have a look at the page containing the error?

Looking forward to your reply!

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Post by Sjonnie2017 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:53 am

Friendly bump!
Does anyone have any clue as to why recaptcha does not work? I have even cloned my site, changed the owners e-mail address and registered that with Google but to no avail!

Any help really appreciated (since I am still going nuts with all the fake registrations/buys/questions I get :( )

Post by MysticKnight » Mon May 18, 2020 4:05 pm

For whatever reason, OpenCart isn't compatible with Google reCAPTCHA v3.

It works if you configure it with Google reCAPTCHA v2.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com