Post by elprince » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:40 am

Hello, we are using the amazing version OC 3.0.3.1 but We have a spam issue and we must use SMTP in email setting to reach our customers inbox

So my server is configured correctly regarding rDNS,SPF,DKIM and SMTP restriction. Also the parameter in mail setting inside OC setting is correct.

And we can send order status updates and newsletter successfully without any issue. But when try to place an order from front-end ( main website ) only not from back-end ( admin ) I received the following error

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error: RCPT TO not accepted from server! in /home/***/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/mail/smtp.php:275
Stack trace:
#0 /home/***/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/mail.php(202): Mail\Smtp->send()
#1 /home/***/public_html/storage/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(129): Mail->send()
#2 /home/***/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-storage_modification_system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerMailOrder->index('checkout/order/...', Array)
#3 /home/***/public_html/storage/modification/system/engine/event.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array)
#4 /home/***/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-storage_modification_system_engine_loader.php(237): Event->trigger('model/checkout/...', Array)
#5 /home/***/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array)
#6 /home/***/public_html/catalog/controller/extension/payment/cod.php(13): Proxy->__call('addOrderHistory', Array)
#7 /home/***/public_html/vq in /home/***/public_html/storage/modification/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 275
SMTP setting:
Mail Parameters: email@domain.com
SMTP Hostname: ssl://domain.com
SMTP Username: email@domain.com
PW: ******
port: 465

Also I tried tls and same result

Any Suggestion or support will be highly appreciated !!
Last edited by straightlight on Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by thekrotek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm

This question been asked multiple times. Search forums for "RCPT TO not accepted".

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:35 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm
This question been asked multiple times. Search forums for "RCPT TO not accepted".
It would be handy for you to post a link to the topic you have in mind?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:35 pm
It would be handy for you to post a link to the topic you have in mind?
Search by suggested keywords returns 108 matches, so...

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm
Search by suggested keywords returns 108 matches, so...
So ... suggesting one that solves the problem would be very helpful to the OP :)

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Post by thekrotek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm
So ... suggesting one that solves the problem would be very helpful to the OP :)
There might be different solutions and I'm not sure which one suits the case.

Expert Member

Guru Member

Post by elprince » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 pm

MarketInSG wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm
Try switching to mail? your smtp details are likely incorrect
thanks for your reply all unsecured emails going to spam or not delivered and must use SMTP also for security reason as our email used for spoofing and reply to from a spammer and that's why our emails going to spam now

Post by elprince » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:30 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm
thanks for your reply, I searched all the forums here and github and a lot of others forums, but this is a different issue Order Updates email sent with no problem, only order confirmation email have the issue which approve that smtp is correct.
Last edited by elprince on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by elprince » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 pm
Well, this one is marked [SOLVED]
viewtopic.php?t=39703

These may also be relevant:
https://bobcares.com/blog/error-rcpt-to ... om-server/
https://redmarlin.net/blog/post/opencar ... r-tutorial
Thanks for sharing this solution, but it have no relation with our issue as our contact form working well, all and everything is working fine with smtp except order confirmation email !! that's why I opened a new topic.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 am

elprince wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Thanks for sharing this solution, but it have no relation with our issue as our contact form working well, all and everything is working fine with smtp except order confirmation email !! that's why I opened a new topic.
This is a generic issue, related to any kind of mailing functionality. To figure out, if particular solution is helpful you need to actually try it. Did you?

Expert Member

Post by elprince » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:14 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 am
elprince wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
This is a generic issue, related to any kind of mailing functionality. To figure out, if particular solution is helpful you need to actually try it. Did you?
Thanks for your reply, I really doubt you even read my post you just may be see the subject and start being aggressive.
Whatever I appreciate your involvement in supporting solving my issue, but this solution was for OC 1.5 and I'm talking about is OC 3.0.3.1 which is using another concept of coding.

and the solution there in that post can't be implemented on OC 3 as there is now such a code in the file and I try it by the way from couple of days when I saw this solution

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:57 am

elprince wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:14 am
and the solution there in that post can't be implemented on OC 3 as there is now such a code in the file and I try it by the way from couple of days when I saw this solution
The code is instead in:

catalog/controller/information/contact.php
But in OC3 it is already:

$mail->setFrom($this->config->get('config_email'));
$mail->setReplyTo($this->request->post['email']);
So unfortunately this isn't a solution in OC3 ... but did you try the solutions from the 2 other articles I posted?

Guru Member

Post by thekrotek » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 am

elprince wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I really doubt you even read my post you just may be see the subject and start being aggressive.
Whatever I appreciate your involvement in supporting solving my issue, but this solution was for OC 1.5 and I'm talking about is OC 3.0.3.1 which is using another concept of coding.
Apparently you have no idea what you're talking about. And we're talking about GENERIC PHPMailer issue, which you can search in google for and see, that it's not only OpenCart related. I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm telling you that this issue has been mentioned and EXPLAINED multiple times even on these forums. And if you also search in Google, you will find more solutions with pretty good explanations of what is going on.
elprince wrote:
This only proves my point above: you don't have enough experience and don't actually understand the issue. And Paul's reply below tells you the same. You're looking for exact code pieces and, of course, you're not finding anything. This is why you need to UNDERSTAND the issue - then you will be able to find a solution. Otherwise be ready to pay for someone to do this for you.

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:16 am

Alright let's all play nicely ::)

How about those other 2 articles, they seemed to have quite good step by step instructions?

Guru Member

Post by elprince » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:16 am
Alright let's all play nicely ::)

How about those other 2 articles, they seemed to have quite good step by step instructions?
Hello Paul, first article I found it in my first search and still didn't solve the issue.
Second article I didn't see it before, so I read it now and will try it tomorrow if it will work

thanks for your support

Post by elprince » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 am

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 am
elprince wrote:
Apparently you have no idea what you're talking about. And we're talking about GENERIC PHPMailer issue, which you can search in google for and see, that it's not only OpenCart related. I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm telling you that this issue has been mentioned and EXPLAINED multiple times even on these forums. And if you also search in Google, you will find more solutions with pretty good explanations of what is going on.
elprince wrote:
This only proves my point above: you don't have enough experience and don't actually understand the issue. And Paul's reply below tells you the same. You're looking for exact code pieces and, of course, you're not finding anything. This is why you need to UNDERSTAND the issue - then you will be able to find a solution. Otherwise be ready to pay for someone to do this for you.
I have no problem to pay to you to do the work

Post by goksel1961 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Try to change the company name in Settings/store/ Store Name to sender email (for example company email)
The code assigns company name string to the "sender" variable . And this variable places somehow in the header as rcpt to .
When i changed the name to the email address the problem is solved . But its not a good solution. Company Name is necessarry field and must be somewhere
as "display name".
If somebody find the correct solution please let me know.

Post by andresarenasj » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:09 am

Don't pay a penny ;D ;D , this community is for that; there is always someone who wants to help, other people are aggravated :crazy: and frustrated.

My bug was the same one you reported.

1. Don't change code.

2. Make sure that the email to send, is the same as it is in the stores tab, with those entered in the SMTP email configuration.

It worked for me, thanks.