Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi Open Carters

I am looking to place a banner at the top of my site saying "IM CURRENTLY AWAY AND NOT HERE TO PROCESS PHYSICAL ORDERS, ALL ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED ON MY RETURN DATE XX/XX/XXXX. DIGITAL ORDERS WITH INSTANT DELIVERY ARE STILL AVAILABLE AS NORMAL"

Ultimately, I want to be able to advertise that I'm not there, but people can still get digital goods delivered as its automated. I also still want people to be able to checkout.

What would be the best way of doing this?

Any help appreciated,
Best regards
Luke

Post by paulfeakins » Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Simple, add an HTML area or banner or welcome text with that message and apply it to pages as described here:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-do-o ... outs-work/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by lukeketchum1 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks Paul good link. OK I managed to make a HTML Area, and I managed to apply it to the top of the checkout.

I would prefer to be able to get it at the very top (above my top menu) so that customers don't spend time filling a basket only to realise the processing delay at checkout. Any ideas how I would do that?

Post by dparakhiya » Fri May 17, 2019 3:53 pm

lukeketchum1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 pm
I would prefer to be able to get it at the very top (above my top menu) so that customers don't spend time filling a basket only to realise the processing delay at checkout. Any ideas how I would do that?
Use this Module May be helpfull :
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=10207

For quick, professional OpenCart support
contact me on skype : dparakhiya_1
email : dipneshp@gmail.com

Location - India