Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:03 am

I have read various posts mentioning the need to clear the cache after alterations. But how to do it in OC 3.0.3.2?
Mentioned was on the Dashboard top right the "Gear Icon" - I do not have this icon.
Also said was to delete the content of system/cache - I do not have the system/cache folder.
Search "Opencart 3.0 clear cache" brought up no solution applicable to vers. 3.0
Last edited by Laoyumi on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am

Please attach a screenshot of your dashboard if this is not what you see

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2019-06-20.jpg

OC 3.0.3.2 => dashboard =>gear icon => clear cache - Screen-Shot-2019-06-20.jpg (21.75 KiB) Viewed 8829 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:41 am

After alterations you need to clear your modification cache.
When you set this up you will have had a security notice pop up that requested to move your system/storage folder out of your public_html

If you do not know where this is you can check your config.php file - you are looking for
define('DIR_STORAGE

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2019-06-20.jpg

EXTENSIONS => MODIFICATIONS => REFRESH - Screen-Shot-2019-06-20.jpg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 8822 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:12 am

Thank you Mona, you cleared up the issue for me. The "Gear Icon" is there but so small I did not see the gear on the blue square. Need new eye-glasses I assume. Cleared the cache, worked. Thanks again.

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:16 am

your welcome
if you would be so kind as to add [solved] to the subject heading that helps :)

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ghiebert » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am

Sorry, couldn't decide where to post this.
Yes, I know all that, I am using the gear icon where I refreshed both caches. Tried Chrome on a computer that has not been on my site for ages.
I refresh the cache in Firefox using an addon called Clear Cache because I keep forgetting which is the force refresh key combination.
So, then it has to be the extension, it is altering something I don't know about. I could try to investigate, would the clues be in the php file in admin in the Controller directory of the extension perhaps? I know a bit of Php but not the way these programmers use it because I am not familiar with controller/model/view I need to know I suppose what the extension does when it saves an edit, so where to look.
Not sure why this would be marked solved.

Post by SohBH » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:56 pm

You have the option to append "?modifiedtime" to the stylesheet URL. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can also consider hiring a programmer to assist you with this task.

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia