Post by danitaz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:51 am

I'm having trouble getting my head around recurring payments. I've searched the forums, but I'm not having a lot of luck. Here's are two scenarios I'm trying to work through:

1. A subscription to our membership site: I'd like to have a single "product" for the site, and then have an annual, quarterly or monthly payment. So here's what I "want" to do"

Product is $850 per year, $225 per quarter, $100 per month. Customer chooses the product and then chooses the cycle. I don't think that works. I THINK I can create an annual subscription with an annual recurrence, a quarter product with a quarterly renewal, etc? But no way to have a single product where they get charged the subscription cycle today (annual/quarterly/monthly) with renewal options for that cycle? Do I actually need to have three different products? Once annual, one quarterly and one monthly, with the appropriate renewal?

2. This one I think is simple. We want a monthly subscription - let's say $25 month. So we would set the product price as $25, and then a monthly recurring fee of $25.

Thanks

Danita

Post by yodapt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:18 am

You just need one product and 3 recurring profiles for each payment cycle. The second point is also possible.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:59 pm

This might help but it is for an older version:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/setting- ... -opencart/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by danitaz » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:26 pm

It's a bit clearer after playing with it a bit, but I have one issue that's vexing me. One of the recurring items we wish to have is a monthly gift subscription. Depending on where the purchaser lives in the world, there would be shipping costs involved. It seems that if I'm doing a Paypal subscription, it cannot take into account the need for additional cost of shipping. So, if I say the subscription is $29.95, but someone in Canada should be charged $34.95 and someone in Europe should be charged $39.95, I can't see a way to do that - I'd have to set up 3 different products I think. I COULD make different recurring profiles, and list them as being US - $24.95, Europe - $39.95 I guess. I can just see needing to do a fair amount of canceling if folks choose the wrong one. Any ideas for a useful workaround here?