Post by MikeBNZ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

Hi Everyone. Is there a way that I can set a minimum order quantity for specific products only. For example, I have a widget. A customer can buy any quantity they want but must buy at least 3. So they cannot buy 1 or 2, but can buy any amount 3 and above. This will need to be product specific, not based on cart total as some products do not have a MOQ. It also does not force purchases in multiple of the MOQ (eg 3 or 6 or 9) but will allow the buyer to purchase any quantity above the minimum order quantity.

I am running Opencart 3.0.3.2 in a multi store environment.

Post by webmedialdh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi,

Well, That is already an in-built option available in Opencart. On the time of Product add/edit inside the Data tab there is an option available "Minimum Quantity" you can use that to force customer to buy at least X number of quantity rest customer are free to buy any quantity above that X you mention in the admin

Regards

Webx IT Solutions
Tel: +91 99154 09292, Skype: webmedialdh, Email: support@webxitsolutions.com

Location - Ludhiana, Punjab

Post by opencartmart » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Opencart has a built-in feature to force minimum purchase quantity. It is available under the Product Add/Edit Form -> Data tab.

Attachments

min-qnty.png

min-qnty.png (25.7 KiB) Viewed 2096 times

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by MikeBNZ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 pm

You know what? I am a total moron. In all the years I have been using OC, I always thought that was the Minimum stock level. I never even checked it (have never needed this feature previously. Thank you for the wake up. I am an idiot! I admit it.

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm

MikeBNZ wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 pm
I always thought that was the Minimum stock level.
I'm ashamed to admit I did too ::)

I wasn't clear on what I thought it did but it was something like it doesn't allow you to buy them once it goes below that level, perhaps to avoid multiple customers checking out at the same time when only 1 is left.

Seems we all learned something today :D

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by SolidSnake » Fri May 20, 2022 9:04 pm

webmedialdh wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm
Hi,

Well, That is already an in-built option available in Opencart. On the time of Product add/edit inside the Data tab there is an option available "Minimum Quantity" you can use that to force customer to buy at least X number of quantity rest customer are free to buy any quantity above that X you mention in the admin

Regards
I was wondering.. is there a native setting somewhere in OpenCart 3.0 so that we can use the "Minimum Quantity" field to only allow the customer to purchase increments of this value.. For example, if "Minimum Quantity" is set to 4 the customer should be able to purchase 4, 8, 12.. pieces of this product instead of him being able to purchase 5, 7 etc..

Or is it only possible through a modification/extension?
Thank you in advance!

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 20, 2022 11:08 pm

You would need an extension for that, or hire someone to modify the code for you. I don't think it would be too complicated, so if you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator