Post by by mona » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 pm

why did you install fresh OC3.0.2.0 ? install not upgrade?
as another possibility something happened to something that was not fully something or changed something that may effect something ..

there are so many possibilities to why the various combinations may cause this issue - but OC default there is no issue ..

You can try to remove all the factors (extensions / multi store / multi language / theme ) you believe are not the problem to prove me wrong if you like - BACK UP YOUR DATABASE - you will loose everything - but it is something to do with the auto fill extension in my opinion -

We can’t see what is happening in all the above mentioned combinations without entering into your system

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by rale » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm

I found problem and fix.
First i found extension

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<modification>
	<name>SEO URL Fixes</name>
	<code>wseourlfixes</code>
	<version>3.0.3x</version>
	<author>W</author>
	<link>https://172.17.101.230/cgi-bin/repo.cgi/wshop/doc/trunk/modifications/seo_url_fixes/readme.md</link>
	<comment></comment>
	<file path="admin/controller/design/seo_url.php">
		<operation error="abort">
			<comment>Adds a check for the requested seo_url_id</comment>
			<search><![CDATA[$seo_urls = $this->model_design_seo_url->getSeoUrlsByKeyword($this->request->post['keyword']);]]></search>
			<add position="after"><![CDATA[
		$requested_id = isset($this->request->get['seo_url_id']) ? (int)$this->request->get['seo_url_id'] : 0; // w
			]]></add>
		</operation>
		<operation error="abort">
			<comment>Adds a check for the requested seo_url_id</comment>
			<search><![CDATA[if ($seo_url['store_id'] == $this->request->post['store_id'] && $seo_url['query'] != $this->request->post['query']) {]]></search>
			<add position="replace"><![CDATA[
if ($seo_url['store_id'] == $this->request->post['store_id'] && $seo_url['query'] != $this->request->post['query'] && $seo_url['seo_url_id'] != $requested_id) { // w
			]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
</modification>
but extension not help.
First i check file admin/controller/design/seo_url.php
and found on line 470

$data['stores'][] = array(
			'store_id' => 0,
			'name'     => $this->language->get('text_default')
		);
Problem is this

'store_id' => 0,
That mean just for one store, i just replace 0 with

$store_id
becouse i have multi store with 2 domains.
And work fine , now show error for real used word and just for store where is already used, and cant made that category before change like as need.
Now is perfect.
Maybe can work without extension if change 0 for store id, maybe cant, i dont know and have not time to test, but work.
If someone can help this, that is all.
Thank you

Post by rale » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:47 pm

That is version which i download before , i fix most bugs and use just that becouse i have my extension on that version just for me with couple others extension.

This with seo i just now have time for fix. Becouse have big number of categories and cant check manualy any more if category created or not :D

Post by rale » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 pm

by mona wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 pm
why did you install fresh OC3.0.2.0 ? install not upgrade?
as another possibility something happened to something that was not fully something or changed something that may effect something ..

there are so many possibilities to why the various combinations may cause this issue - but OC default there is no issue ..

That is reason why i not change version for upgraded. I self made more extension and fix almost bugs. From upgraded maybe not same for some parts and i dont know what change and what is not change.
I hope you understand me now :D

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:26 am

by mona wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 pm

OC default there is no issue? Are you sure?

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:36 am

$data['stores'][] = array(
			'store_id' => 0,
			'name'     => $this->language->get('text_default')
		);

This is code from default 3.0.2.0
Default version is multistore, and cant work good with this 'store_id' => 0,
What is that , if not issue?

Post by by mona » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:32 am

As I understand on the information provided

I would still suggest that the issue still stands with the SEO developer - specifically that the auto part is trying to add something it can’t on a multi-language / multi-store set up.

It is not the job of OC to determine how to write something in order for something like this not to happen.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Is not problem auto feel becouse i manually set one url to be diferent, auto feel just help with writing.

Problem is OC filter seo key word when create category. I know which words use and which words i not use, whatever, still sometimes show error whatever you use unique or non unique seo keyword when make category.
OK, lets see.
Now i install new version and make test.
First what is not good is admin info, broken css.
But ok, go next.
I enable seo urls on settings.
I made first category and get error.
Warning: Please check the form carefully for errors! and again on seo tab: SEO URL already in use! That is first categroy which i made for test, is not multi, just one shop on new domain, new account on server.
And what now? What is problem? Server configuration or what? This is not normol.

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm beginning to think it's a Open Cart waste of time.
Each new installation behaves differently.
I do not see the point more in the fact that the new installation so many things must improve and add to work properly, and even then usually not as it should.
Each new version is worse than the old.
I do not see the point of the new version and use if it is not done properly.
I do not know why use open cart, because in any case costs a lot even though it's free.
No matter how much you pay programmers to do OC, there is always a problem that must be solved.
I'll just stop using this. I can not continue to annoy and pay for a bunch of meaningless errors that exist.

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 pm

rale wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:47 pm
3.0.3.2?

Work just fine to save same SEO keword for more than one store.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by by mona » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi Rale,

Please understand that no one here cares if you choose to use Opencart or not.

We are not (most of us anyway) affiliated in any way to Opencart, so anything you do or don’t do has absolutely no effect on us.

Nevertheless, there is a group of amazing people here who provide their free time to assist you with your COMMERCIAL opencart store. Each and everyone has a different reason for being here, but I at least, have proven to you that my interest here is not to advertise my services.

My personal reason is thanks to the personal assistance from a very small number of people whose name appears here occasionally, I made it through, whilst the general developers treated me like a leper and worse.

As you point out Opencart is free .. so there is no real complaint.
Yes there are issues and bugs with each new version - everyone knows that and if you want a fix for all of OC3 - YES THERE IS A PAID MODULE FOR THAT. Someone put time in to provide all the fixes and keeps it updated - GOOD MAN ! - He does deserve to be paid, you do far less work for selling a product on your site believe me …

YOUR PROBLEM
I have done a test on OC3.0.2.0 and it does not fail.
You say that you have done a fresh install of OC3.0.2.0 with no extensions and no theme and no multi language and no multi store and it is failing?

I know in OC 2 there was an issue with the database not deleting old SEO urls .. but not heard this in OC3. Have you checked your database?

AUTO-FILL SEO
Whilst your logic makes sense to you ... this does not mean the extension does not actually add something somewhere in a database and THIS is what is a duplication. It is also possible that the ERROR ITSELF is generated FROM THE MODULE and not from the original default code. UNINSTALL THE MODULE and test - DO NOT GUESS .. It is our time you are wasting .. and I say that in the nicest possible way ..

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:08 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 pm
rale wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:47 pm
3.0.3.2?

Work just fine to save same SEO keword for more than one store.
Yes, latest 3032 version. Same problem have like on my 3020, that just instaled on new account for test.
Yes, sometime save without error info, sometimes save with error info.
Also when use diferent keyword.
Maybe server configuration need to be better, i dont know. Now, just have problems.

Post by rale » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Mona, please. You not help with posts.
I have experience with open cart, this is happening now is with the new version, with a new base.
I only expressed his opinion about all this.
Please, if you want help, just help, if not, thank you.
I need just the opinion in order to figure out what is causing the problem that I can solved it.
About my server, all cms work properly (also free) but just with OC have problem. Im angry becouse have problem just with OC

Post by rale » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:56 pm

After 5 years. :) I process my posts to remind myself. And I have to correct myself. I like Opencart, I can't say it's bad. On the contrary. Opencart is good, but I don't have enough nerve to handle the problems I encounter. I still use Opencart for commerce and it has been in first place since the very beginning when I tried all e-commerce platforms. I'm doing the store again and I'm getting very annoyed again, but well, what's there is. I will do the 3020 version on php 7, so I don't know what will happen, but I will do it on principle.