Post by elithx » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:12 am

I am building a website that need to give the user the option to either purchase X quantity of a product as a one-time purchase, or they can subscribe for recurring payments (which will bill them ever 30, 60, or 90 days). I have the recurring payments all set up, and integrated with my payment gateway. The issue I am having is that it seems I can only have either or. Either a one time purchase, or a recurring payment.

Has anyone worked on a shop with similar requirements and was able to use one product SKU but give the user the option of purchasing with a one-time payment, or a recurring subscription?

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:12 pm

I know this is for an older version but does it help?
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/setting- ... -opencart/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by elithx » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 am

Thank you for the reply Paul. It looks like this is dealing just with recurring Payments. I have that correctly set up and working now. The issue I am having is giving the user the option of paying with a one time purchase or a recurring subscription. I have the base price for the product set in the back-end, and it does show on the front end, however when I try to checkout, I get an error saying I need to select a recurring profile.

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 am

elithx wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 am
Thank you for the reply Paul. It looks like this is dealing just with recurring Payments. I have that correctly set up and working now. The issue I am having is giving the user the option of paying with a one time purchase or a recurring subscription. I have the base price for the product set in the back-end, and it does show on the front end, however when I try to checkout, I get an error saying I need to select a recurring profile.
Ensure to use this fix regarding recurring profile validations:

- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... -573564678

This fix is also based on the extension payment module you're using. Which extension payment module are you using?

While the OC version has also not been posted on your behalf, you may also want to take a look at this commit regarding recurring profiles with Sagepay: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7843 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by elithx » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:44 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 am
elithx wrote:
Ensure to use this fix regarding recurring profile validations:

- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/is ... -573564678

This fix is also based on the extension payment module you're using. Which extension payment module are you using?

While the OC version has also not been posted on your behalf, you may also want to take a look at this commit regarding recurring profiles with Sagepay: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7843 .
Thanks for the reply Straightlight. I don't think that issue pertains to our situation. I am able to complete the full checkout process when selecting a recurring profile for a product (we are using Global Payments and Paypal as our gateways). The issue is just specifically when trying to make a one time purchase (with any quantity) for a product that also has recurring payment profiles. It seems that if the product has a recurring profile attached to it, the system requires that a profile be selected. This shouldn't be the case. The customer should be able to place an order without selecting a recurring profile if they so choose. Or they could select a recurring profile.

For reference, please have a look at this website that is doing this:
Individual product page:
https://store.draxe.com/collections/pro ... en-protein
Category Page:
https://store.draxe.com/collections/proteins

I've also included some screenshots of what we are trying to accomplish. And you can see our WIP recurring product page here as well:
http://159.69.138.115/~vitatree/index.p ... arch=blood

Attachments

2020-02-05.png

2020-02-05.png (96.18 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

2020-02-05 (2).png

2020-02-05 (2).png (47.26 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

2020-02-05 (1).png

2020-02-05 (1).png (42.48 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:45 pm

The customer should be able to place an order without selecting a recurring profile if they so choose. Or they could select a recurring profile.
While you might be correct regarding the order itself, the problematic is to know whenever a customer cannot choose a payment profile based on a product that can be sold to anyone but the customer needs to know to which type of packaging he would like to purchase with the recurring products in order for the order transaction to appear on the recurring order afterwards.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:57 pm

elithx wrote:
I have that correctly set up and working now. The issue I am having is giving the user the option of paying with a one time purchase or a recurring subscription.
Have you searched the extension store for this?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Fkdhwb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 am

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a solution for this? I have a similar issue. There doesn't appear to be anything in the extension store that will allow a onetime purchase or optionally a recurring payment profile.

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Fkdhwb wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 am
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a solution for this? I have a similar issue. There doesn't appear to be anything in the extension store that will allow a onetime purchase or optionally a recurring payment profile.
Out-the-box, OC handles the sales by stock levels which means allowing a onetime purchase may simply require, either, a guest or the same user using different customer accounts to purchase onetime. As for the recurring profiles, you'd need an extension that would allow to restrict purchases by customer profiles. By default, OC only reflects on the products, not via customers' accounts. However, take note that restricting the sales such ways where payment service providers do not imply those restrictions could basically create more problems with your sales.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by CJC » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:10 am

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat. Want to configure a product that someone can buy one time or have it shipped automatically every month.
elithx wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:12 am
I am building a website that need to give the user the option to either purchase X quantity of a product as a one-time purchase, or they can subscribe for recurring payments (which will bill them ever 30, 60, or 90 days). I have the recurring payments all set up, and integrated with my payment gateway. The issue I am having is that it seems I can only have either or. Either a one time purchase, or a recurring payment.

Has anyone worked on a shop with similar requirements and was able to use one product SKU but give the user the option of purchasing with a one-time payment, or a recurring subscription?

CJC

Post by maia-internet » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 am

Hi all,

did this ever get resolved? I'm in the same situation.

The customer would like to either buy a product once, OR buy a monthly subscription.

thanks all ;D