Post by ihateusernames » Sat May 02, 2020 10:28 am

Hi,

This is a new thread as the previous one got marked as solved prematurely by admin....

Does anyone know what the ocartdataclone folder is or does?
User IP_CAM previously suggested it comes from OCartMart.com but unfortunately the email address on their website is out of date & bounces back.
We are guessing the folder relates to a module or 'add on' of some kind, as some other users say they have never come across the folder in their directories.

The folder has recently been creating some issue's & I'd like to uninstall it, but I have no idea what created it? Deleting it causes complete failure of my stores & the admin system, so that's not possible.
I have noticed today that in the config.php file the DIR_STORAGE is pointing to a storage folder in ocartdataclone, I could redirect this but I have no idea what other files have also been changed in order for this 'module' to do whatever it does! So as you can guess, I'm just looking to see if anyone else has this folder & if so, which mod or add on created it?

Thanks for any help or info....

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by IP_CAM » Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Well, whatever your problem is, the ocartmart Website is a Darknet Seller,
offering stolen Code, and whoever gets some extensions from such a seller,
should not come here, to ask for free assistance. Other than that, you never
mentioned, what files you found, related to that extension, and that makes
it impossible, to give you an idea, where to look. You therefore better get a
Professional, to take an inside View on the Code you use on your Server, if
you really expect this to be solved.
Good Luck ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by cyclops12 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Have you tried downloading a fresh same version as yours and comparing the files from the fresh download and your site files
May give you some clues

Expert Member

Post by ihateusernames » Sun May 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks,

IP_CAM, thanks.
Firstly, at the moment we don't know if this folder is from OCartMart or not?
Secondly, I wasn't previously aware of OCartMart or that they are on the dark web, it was you who suggested I visit them!
Thirdly, I'm not looking for a freebee's, I'm simply trying to solve a problem with OC & asking others if they have experienced this problem before. Generally speaking, that's what forum's are for. I appreciate your input, but not your unfounded assumptions & conclusions.

I have considered comparing the current files with a new version. But that would take a long time to go through all the files & folders.

If I can find out where the folder came from, then I have a chance of uninstalling it or creating a way to delete it.
Thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by cyclops12 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:34 pm

There are a good few compare tools out there and it doesnt take that long just to let you know what files are different
It may take a bit longer to find out exactly the changes but as nothing comes up in google about ocartdataclone then that would be my way of progressing
Winmerge is a good tool.

BTW have you had a look inside the ocartdataclone folder to see what files are in there ?

Expert Member

Post by ihateusernames » Mon May 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Thanks cyclops,

I'll take a look at winmerge...
The ocartdataclone folder seems to contain everything in the storage folder from OC. I did try simply copying over the folders to OC & changing the config.php file to the new folder location, but I got several errors on the store fronts. Not as many as I thought there would be, so I may try that again after comparing the files more closely in winmerge. I'll let you know, thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2

Post by paulfeakins » Mon May 04, 2020 6:15 pm

ihateusernames wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:53 pm
The ocartdataclone folder seems to contain everything in the storage folder from OC.
I think you need a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ihateusernames » Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks Paul,

Thanks for the offer, if I can't resolve the issue myself, I might look at doing a clean install. Thanks.

Using OC Version 3.0.3.2